13 | Heidi Starr

Kiersten|

I woke up from another timid dream, it was a continuation of the one I had when Skylar was here except I didn't get saved at the end. Speaking of which, I guess she went back to the party like she said she would. I could still smell her presence on my bed and it honestly comforted me a ton. Taking a few deep breaths, I was still shaken from my nightmare so I went to go and look for Kennedy. Every time I cried or needed to be held, she was always there for me. It actually surprised me that this was the first time I slept in my room in a long while.

As my limbs were weak from my short rest, I began searching through the crowds for the older cheerleader. She was nowhere in sight which led me to check the bathrooms next and after that I planned to check outside. The first few restrooms I explored were filled with probably the most interesting sights I've ever seen in my house... At least of the ones I could remember. I saw a lot of make out sessions happening and in one of them, there was a three way going on. What I wasn't prepared for was walking in on Skylar with the girl she had been dancing with a few hours ago. The sight completely caught me off guard, they were totally about to have the 'S' word and I didn't know why I felt so betrayed. It wasn't like Skylar was mine or anything.

She stood there with her eyes wide opened, struggling to find words to say. The other girl looked at me the way a child would when they'd see their favorite ice cream. A look of lust. My heart was beating so incredibly fast and I couldn't tell whether or not I was more upset over my dream or the fact that an hour ago she was being so sweet to me, acting like she cared and now she was here about to have sex with some girl, one of her many. Oh goodness. I couldn't even recall if I liked girls, but I do know that I had many mixed emotions when it came to Skylar. My realization of her having the capability to make me feel safe only arose a few moments ago and that's not something I feel with everyone.

In fact, I couldn't even trust people since I didn't understand their intentions. Only being here for a few weeks, I was able to read how a lot of people just wanted to either be friends with me to get into parties such as tonight's, or because they wanted to have sexual intercourse with Kennedy Angeles' younger sister. I never imagined Skylar being one of these people; I should of figured she was only constantly talking to me probably just to get into my pants. "S- sorry" was all that I could project before slamming the door shut. My feet began running as more tears streamed down my face. Why was I being so sensitive? I shouldn't care.

I finally found Kennedy at the back of our mansion, someone was drinking a tube from between her breasts. I saw my parents in sight so I quickly tugged her arm, signaling they were outside. She thanked me and told me how they were going to do my welcome home cake now. One of her hands began wiping my tears away as she fixed my messy hair a bit. Ken had been used to my tears from when I'd awaken. However, she didn't know that I had another reason for the little droplets rolling down my face.

Making my way up to the front where Mom and Dad had been, I faked a grin at the crowd. The cake was about 3 feet tall, decorated with candy pearls and pink edible lace. My eyes really took in the sight because it actually looked quite pretty. He asked why I had been crying and I said that my reason was because I was happy to be home. Honestly, I was, but not to the extent where I'd cry to the public in front of all my fellow classmates and half of Orange County's local teenagers. The type of girl I was didn't cry in public, ever. Lately, that's been starting to change with my constant troubles when it came to keeping my emotions in check.

I spotted Skylar glancing over at me as I finished standing while the announcements were being made. She looked intensely anxious, her fingers and legs twitching. The light haired brunette signaled for me to come over but I gladly ignored it, pretending I didn't see her at all. Another girl was walking towards me and I couldn't help but notice she looked extremely familiar. She was pretty tall and fit with muscles in her legs as well as arms. She had icey blue eyes and distinctive red hair.