Chapter 12- rethinking

Erin's pov

"Erin. My office" voight mutters on his way to his office.

I follow him serviently.

"Yes?" I ask as I shut the door.

"So I was recently with Justin,For some reunion thing at his old high school. One of his old guidance counselors remembered I was a cop. And asked if I had any recovered drug addicts who would talk to the kids during an assembly. Because it's there drug awareness month...are you in?"

That was abrupt. Um. Whoa.

"Uh..yeah sure I guess"

"Ok. Call them." He hands me a paper with the schools phone number." They said it would be soon"

I nod. And purse my lips. "No problem"

"And your sure your comfortable with this?"

"Uh not really but the kids need to know its not a game. And not to be stupid like I was."

He nods. "Alright then.keep me updated. Me and your partner should be there..unless....

"No no. You guys should come. Jay still doesn't know the whole story. Might as well have him listen too.

"Hm. Alright. Let me know."

"No problem."

I go to the locker room and use my cell. I don't notice Jay's there. On the opposite side of the lockers listening.

I dial the number.

It Rings. And rings and rings. Until a man answers.

"Hello. Mr.Tidley from guidance how can I help you.

"Hi. Yes I was told you spoke to Hank voight. About an assembly for the kids. For drug awareness month"

"Oh yes. Are you interested?"

"Uh yeah it's an important lesson for the kids to learn. And Since I've been there,I'm sure I'll be of use to you guys" I laugh a little.

He laughs too. "Yes you will. These kids think it's a joke. You'll be a very useful rude awakening id say"

"Well at least I'm helping"

"Do you mind coming by for a quick meeting with me to just meet you and get an idea of your story?"

"Yeah I can come by whenever. It's no problem."

"We are hoping to have the assembly tomorrow. Do you mind coming by some time today?"

"Uh yeah. I will be by there as soon as I can."

"Thank you so much. What was your name?"

"Oh yeah. Erin,Erin Lindsay."

"Awesome. Thank you Erin. See you soon"

"No problem. Bye"

I hang up and sigh. I turn around and gasp.
Jay's standing right behind me.

"Shit jay" I grab my chest. And breathe heavily.

"What was that about?" He asks.

"Oh. Um. There's sort of a lot I haven't told you. But I've been invited to speak at a high school. And you are coming. I owe you an explanation."