Chapter One

I can't believe it. I'm engaged. Not only am I engaged, but I'm engaged to the love of my life. The man whose heart I thought I would never win. The man who gives me butterflies with every touch. The man who I am absolutely in love with... Gabriel Landeskog.

I wake up to a dark, cloudy morning in Denver. From what I can tell, it's snowing once again. It's freezing in my bedroom, but I feel a warm body lay beside me. I roll over and I slowly open my eyes, seeing the blue eyed Swede sound asleep. His blond hair swoops over his forehead, and his soft eyelashes rest on his cheeks. His soft pink lips look kissable, and I slowly lean in, brushing my lips against his.

"What are you doing, little girl?" he whispers, making me jump which causes a chuckle to escape his lips.

"You scared me." I admit with a giggle, soon placing my lips on top of his.

"I do that quite a bit, don't I?" he chuckles before he kisses my nose, sending shivers up and down my spine.

"Yes, you do, Gabriel." I smirk, moving my body closer to his.

He wraps his arms around my body and pulls me closer towards him, warming me up instantly. I nestle my head into the crook of his neck, and I kiss the skin of it softly. I hear him chuckle, and I smile. The sound of his laughter always makes me smile, even on a dark, cloudy day like today.

"Can I tell you something?" I hear Gabe whisper in my ear.

"Go ahead," my reply, slowly moving away from him and looking into his blue eyes. Oh, those eyes.

"When I first saw you, I didn't know there could be anything so beautiful. From that moment, I knew I had to have you. I couldn't even imagine thinking of anyone else loving you. Even if I tried, I pushed it out of my head immediately, because I knew that we were meant to be. I know I've been a jerk to you at times, and I still wish I could take everything back. I would in a heartbeat if I could. You hypnotize me, Megs. I love you so much, and I am so glad you agreed to spend the rest of your life with me." Gabe says as he pushes my hair behind my ears, causing tears to fill my eyes.

I bury my head into his chest as I feel his arms tighten around my body, causing me to gasp for air. I slowly pull away and I look into his eyes, then I give in. I crash my lips on top of his and they move in a similar motion.

"I love you too, Gabe." I whisper and I kiss him again.

I feel his hands rest on my hips, then he rolls over and pulls me on top of him. I straddle him as I keep kissing him, running my fingers through his hair.  His hands slowly run up and down my thighs, sending shivers throughout my body. I move my hands to the band of his sweatpants, but then he stops me.

"Nope," he says out of breath. "Remember our deal that we made three years ago?"

"Shit, I forgot about that." I mumble. "I'm sorry."

His hands rest on my hips, and then he smirks at me. He smacks my rear playfully and then winks at me before saying, "Come on, little lady. We have a wedding to plan."

I crawl off of him and I walk over to my window, opening the curtains and staring at a white blanket of snow covering the mountains and the streets below. I feel Gabe wrap his arms around me as he hugs me from behind, swaying our hips together from the left to the right. His chin rests on my shoulder as we both take in the beautiful view. He softly starts humming in my ear as he keeps swaying us, causing me to close my eyes and smile. He was so gentle and sweet; another reason why I love him. I could list the reasons on paper, but my pen would run out of ink. I love every little thing about him, and it drove me crazy; but crazy in a good way.