Chapter Two

I hear a noise coming from my kitchen on a sunny, January morning. That's right, sunny. Only in Colorado would it be snowing one day, and then sixty-five degrees the next. I rub my eyes and I roll out of bed, slowly walking towards the kitchen where I hear the clinking of pots and pans. When I arrive in the kitchen, I see a tall, blond haired man managing my stove as he holds a box of cake mix in his hand. I lean up against the wall to watch him, seeing what he is doing. He pours the chocolate cake mix into a large bowl, then adds eggs and cooking oil, then he tries mixing it together. I guess Gabe is not a baker.

"Do you need a little help?" I ask, still leaning up against the wall.

He turns around holding a wooden spoon with a shocked expression on his face, as if he expected me to still be sleeping. His blond hair swoops over his crystal blue eyes. His muscles show deeply in his shirt as he stands there in a tight white t-shirt and gym shorts. What a dreamboat.

"I thought you were still sleeping," he admits, trying to hide the bowl and spoon behind his back, his cheeks turning red.

"You were a little loud." I giggle as I slowly walk up to him, reaching behind his back and carefully releasing the spoon from his grip. "May I help?" 

"No, I got this. I can make my fiancee a birthday cake," he replies as he takes the spoon away from me and turns back to the kitchen counter where the bowl sits.

He slowly mixes the batter together, but he's not doing it that well. I see him start to get frustrated, then I pull out my mixer from the drawer. I plug it in, and then I hand it to him. He raises his eyebrow at me, then he softly takes it from my grasp. He slowly starts mixing it all together, and then looks over at me for approval.

"Did you put in the oil?" I ask as I look into the bowl.

"Yes, ma'am," his reply.

"Eggs?"

"Got it," he confirms.

I look through my pantry closet to find a cake pan. Eventually I find a bunt cake pan, which is my favorite pan to use. I grab it and then I walk back over to him and I spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. After I spray the pan, I hand it to him. He softly takes it from me, then pours the cake mix into the pan. Then he puts it in the oven and rubs his hands together, smirking at me in the process.

"Happy Birthday, baby girl," he says and he wraps his arms around me, pulling me closer to him.

"Don't remind me that I'm getting old." I whine, softly kissing his lips.

"I got you something," he says in between kisses.

He pulls out a velvet box and opens it. There in the box are matching diamond earrings, sparkling as the sun reflects off of them. My hands cover my mouth in shock, my eyes growing wide as I look between him and the earrings.

"To go with your ring on our wedding day," he smiles as one of his hands brushes a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Oh, Gabe," I whisper. "They're beautiful."

"Just like you," he replies and leans down to kiss me.

"Thank you." I say as I slowly pull away and I look into his eyes.

"Anything for you, babe," he smiles and then he kisses my nose. "Go get ready."

"How come?" I ask confused, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I'm taking you somewhere after the cake is finished. I didn't expect you to get up so early, so I thought I had time," he smirks.

"Fine..." I say as I walk towards the bedroom to grab some clothes, then I hop in the shower.