Chapter Thirteen - the final chapter

Gabe's POV

Meghan has been acting really weird lately. I can't put my finger on it, either. She's been an emotional roller coaster since we came home from our honeymoon. She's also been freaking out about every little thing. I try to ignore it, but I can't. 

This morning was just like every morning since we arrived home; her sprinting to the bathroom, refusing to let me in as I knocked on the door. She hasn't been herself in a couple weeks. Whenever I try to touch her, she swats my hand away then rolls over and falls asleep. I felt embarrassed, honestly. She used to love making love. What happened? She won't let me touch her. I'm scared to even talk to her. 

I decide to sit on the couch in the living room as Meghan locked herself in the bathroom- again. I search  the channels on the television, nothing capturing my interest whatsoever. My mind was on the girl in the bathroom, and I was wondering why she was acting the way she was. I really hope we didn't lose the spark already. I would fight to save our marriage if I had to die trying. She meant too much to me to let go. 

She slowly emerges from the bathroom as she brushes her teeth. Her hair is pulled back into a pony tail as she wears dark blue jeans and an Avs hooded sweatshirt. I push my body up from the couch and I walk to her, seeing her eyes grow wide as I approach her. 

"Meghan, you've been acting weird lately. What's wrong?" I ask her softly, placing my hands on her hips. 

She shrugs in reply, walking back to the bathroom to rinse her mouth out with water. She looks back at me, her face glowing once again. 

"I'll tell you when I get home," she states, grabbing her purse and car keys. "I need to go do things." 

"But I want to talk now." I mumble, watching her make her way to the door.

I follow her and I grab hold of her hand, making her turn towards me. Her eyes stare through mine and I kiss her passionately. For the first time since the honeymoon, she had kissed back with force and passion. Her hand slowly pushes me away from her, then she opens the door. 

"I promise I will tell you later. I love you," she says with a smile, then runs to her car. 

I stand at the front door, just watching her pull out of the driveway. She said she loved me, so I am obviously still doing something right. Once she is out of my sight, I walk into the bathroom when I spot something unfamiliar. A white and pink rectangular box with the words pregnancy test written across it. That's why she's been acting so weird!

I look into the trash can and I see the test. I pick it up with a piece of toilet paper and I look at it. I see two pink lines. I raise my eyebrow in confusion, then I decide to read the instructions on the back of the box. I read that if there are two pink lines, that means the woman is pregnant. I drop the test onto the floor in shock, and my mouth drops along with it. My baby is having a baby.

That's why she has been acting different lately. She knows there is a baby inside of her, and she probably didn't know how I would react. I'm not sure how I feel at the moment, to be honest. So many emotions are running through my veins right now. Fear, excitement, shock. I'm excited because I had always dreamed of Meghan and I having children. I'm scared because I'm afraid I will be a terrible father. I am, of course, in the shock stage. I'm going to be a father, and my wife is going to be a mother. We're having a baby.

*

*

Meghan's POV

I have felt terrible for how I have acted out against Gabe within the last couple weeks. I found out this morning I was pregnant, even though I had a very good clue: morning sickness, glowing of the skin, and very interesting food cravings. My emotions have also been all over the place. I was an emotional roller coaster, and I needed to figure out a way to tell Gabe we were going to be parents.