Chapter Eight

Gabe's POV

Go Avs go! Go Avs go! Go Avs go!

Game one of the Stanely Cup finals. The Pepsi Center is going insane. It feels like the cheers from the fans will make the place come crashing to the ground.

I'm not going to lie, I am nervous. And when I mean nervous, I don't mean the small little butterflies in your stomach. No, when I mean nervous, I mean feeling like you're about to throw up and pass out. I guess you could say that it feels like I am about to jump off a thirty story building, and I know I won't make it when I hit the concrete below. I just hope we don't lose this series.

The fans deserve it, the organization deserves it, and we, the players, deserve it. We've come so far the past couple seasons, but came up short every time. It's a horrible feeling to express. When you work your tail off, and you come up short over and over. It makes you feel worthless, honestly. But there's that voice in your head that tells you to get up and try again- and that's what is going through my mind tonight.

"Babe, you're going to do great," a sweet voice snaps me out of my daze.

I look down and I see my blue eyed girl staring up at me, her smile snow white. I tower over her as I am already in my gear, standing outside the locker room before I go in and give the team a motivational pep talk. I always had to think of my girl before a game or giving a rowdy talk. She always calmed me down, even when I was at my all time high of being absolutely paranoid.

"I'm just really nervous, Megs." I whisper, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Gabe, I know you. You're going to go out there and own it. You always have and you always will. Tonight is your defining moment," she softly rubs my arms with her hands, giving me an assuring smile.

"Can I use that in my talk?" I laugh nervously, pulling her in by her waist and closing the gap between our bodies.

"Under one condition," she smirks, wrapping her arms around my neck. "Kiss me like you've never kissed me before."

I slide my hands down her thighs, cupping her as I lift her up. She wraps her legs around my waist as her fingers play with my hair. I press her back against the nearest wall, then I press my lips to hers. I lick her bottom lip, hearing soft moans escape her mouth. I take advantage of her open mouth and I slip my tongue in, tangling it with hers. Both of our tongues explore each others mouths, causing both of us to moan in pleasure. I feel her fingers grip onto my hair tightly, as if she is begging for more. I move my lips to her neck, kissing and biting her sweet spot, only to feel her grip my hair even more. This was really turning her on, and I was going to take advantage of it while I could.

"Gabe, you have to get going," she gasps as I start to leave a love bite just under her jaw line.

"I don't want to." I whisper in her ear, blowing my hot breath on her soft skin.

"The team needs you," she whimpers.

"But you need me more." I whisper seductively.

"Save it for the honeymoon," she says softly, trying to catch her breath.

I slowly put her back down, continuing eye contact with her. I kiss her head and I hug her.

"Did I live up to that one condition?" I laugh, holding her in my arms.

"I think you did, Gabriel," she looks up at me and smirks.

I know I turned her on. She usually only calls me by my full name when she's turned on. I love the way my name rolls off her lips. I normally don't like being called "Gabriel" for the most part. But when Meghan says it, that's a different story. She can call me anything she wants.