Chapter Four

The wedding is drawing closer and I'm about to have a breakdown: emotionally, mentally, and physically.  Gabe has tried helping me out as much as he possibly can, but due to the season coming to an end, he has been busier than ever. Especially now that the Avalanche are in playoff contention. I'm terrified that I will take out all the stress on him, especially when he has his own stress with hockey at the moment.

Wedding dress after wedding dress. I stand there in the dressing room of a bridal store with my mother, grandmother, and my best friend Brooke. Every dress I have tried on has either been way too tight or too big. I groan in frustration as each dress doesn't fit me.

"Meghan, why won't you wear my dress?" my mother asks as I try squeezing into another dress. "I was your size when I got married. You'll fit in it."

"Mom, it has long sleeves and it's going to be the middle of summer." I point out as I pull up the strapless dress, praying to God that it fits.

"It would look beautiful on you," she adds and I roll my eyes, zipping up the dress.

I look in the mirror and I don't feel anything feeling like it's being crushed, or if anything is hanging out. I think I finally found my dress. I wear a strapless, dipped neckline wedding dress with sparkles going down the chest. I quickly spin around in it, then I bend over to make sure I don't show too much, and then I try dancing in it. I feel comfortable in it. It's simple, but gorgeous at the same time. I take my hair-tie and I pull up my hair, then I let my hair back down. This dress looks great with any hairstyle. This is the dress.

"Girls, I think this is the one." I smile as I spin around in it again.

I look at each ladies face, trying to read their reaction. They all look at me and smile, agreeing that this dress is the dress for me.

***

I push through the door of my apartment with my wedding dress in hand. My eyes scan the small space, just in case Gabe has made an appearance. I don't want him finding my wedding dress, so I quickly run to my bedroom and I open my closet. After I hide the wedding dress completely, I hear the bathroom door open and shut. As I close my closet door, I turn around and I see the tall blond making his way towards me. Soon he wraps his arms around me and hugs me tightly.

"I missed you today, baby girl," he whispers in my ear. "What did you do?"

"I did some wedding stuff." I reply, rubbing his back. "Did you even leave my apartment today?"

"Nope. I didn't have practice today, so I just relaxed," he says, slowly pulling away from the hug. "Oh, and by the way, you're out of chips."

"You ate my food again?" I raise my eyebrow, watching him turn red as a tomato.

"Babe, us hockey players have to eat," he winks at me, softly placing my lips onto my forehead.

I smile as he kisses my forehead, then I slowly pull away and I look down at the floor. I feel him lift my head up as he puts his finger under my chin, looking me in the eyes. I bite my lip and I blink rapidly, soon feeling his lips on top of mine.

Our lips move in a similar motion as I feel Gabe pick me up by the waist, and soon my back is pressed against the wall of my bedroom. He wraps my legs around his waist as he continues to lock lips with mine. My arms snake around his neck and I find myself twirling his blond hair in between my fingers. I feel his soft hands rub my thighs, causing a soft moan to escape my lips. He presses his forehead against mine and breaks the kiss, allowing the both of us to catch our breath. I look into his crystal blue eyes as he looks into mine, sending shivers down my spine.