Chapter Three

Two months later....

Gabe's POV

It's a quarter after one on a March morning. How I'm still up after a brutal, hard hitting game, I don't know. Meghan is sound asleep as she lays beside me. Meanwhile, I'm browsing the web for a perfect place for our honeymoon. My two choices have narrowed down to Sweden and the Virgin Islands. I can always take her to Sweden, right? So, I might as well choose the Virgin Islands.

I order two plane tickets, then I book our hotel room. A honeymoon suite facing the ocean. Perfect. Now I am absolutely ready to get married, because I have the most amazing girl.

I close my laptop and I rest it on the nightstand to my right. I lay back down into a position I was before when Megs fell asleep, but then I feel her start to stir. Way to go, Gabe. You woke her up.

She wraps her arms around me, nestling her head into my chest. I hear her breathing softly as she's trying to get comfortable. Then, I hear her groan in pain as she digs her nails into my chest, causing me to wince in pain.

"Ow," she mumbles, slowly rolling away from me, then she sits up in bed.

"Babe, are you alright?" I whisper, sitting up beside her and turning on the lamp on the nightstand.

"My stomach hurts," she whispers, clenching her stomach with her hands, squeezing her eyes shut and biting her lip.

"Is there anything I can do?" I ask, resting my hand on top of hers.

She doesn't reply as she springs up from the bed and runs towards the bathroom. I quickly run after her and I wait outside the door. I hear her groan in pain and I softly knock on the door.

"Babe?" I ask, and then I see the door swing open and she looks like she is about to rip my head off. Her hair is all messy, the collar of my t-shirt hangs off her shoulder, and she hunches over as if she's in pain.

"Are you alright?" I ask softly, hoping I won't set her off.

"No, I'm not! My ovaries are killing me and I feel like I'm going to die!" she growls as she narrows her eyes at me. That time of the month, apparently.

"I'm sorry." I whisper, then I go to the bedroom, change into some sweatpants, and I grab my keys off the nightstand.

"Where are you going?" she asks, grabbing a hold of her stomach again.

"I'm going to the store," I reply, opening the door and closing it, making my way to my car.

***

When I arrive at the store, there are no souls around. Maybe because no one goes shopping at 1:30 in the morning. I make my way to the tampon section and I grab a couple boxes, just in case she was out. Then I make my way to the food section, putting chocolate, chips, and some Dr. Pepper into the shopping cart.  I also buy some heat wraps and some pain medication, just to make sure.

I arrive at the check out and the cashier scans all the items. I pull out my wallet and I swipe my credit card. Once the items are in the bags, I pay for them and then I make my way back to the car.

A few minutes later, I arrive back at Meghan's apartment. I open and close the door quietly, just in case she fell asleep. I walk into her bedroom, seeing her on the bed, still clenching her stomach. I sit down beside her and I plop the bags in front of her, trying to read her reaction.