Epilogue

Five years later.......

I wake up a cloudy morning, being heated by several bodies. I slowly open my eyes and I see Gabe's head resting on my chest as his arms are wrapped around me. I look to my right and I smile widely. My two little angels sleep side by side together, cuddled together as the blankets are pulled over them. 

I remember that day five years ago. I gave birth to twins, a boy and a girl. I had never held something so precious or fragile in my arms than I did at that moment. Holding little Carson and Hayden was a moment I will never forget, and neither will Gabe. 

He was by my side through several hours of painful labor, not sleeping or even leaving to go to the bathroom. He never left. I remember him kissing my forehead, telling me the pain was temporary, and we would have two little blessings. 

As Gabe starts to stir, I look down at my chest. One of his hands rubs my stomach as he looks up at me, a smile spreading across his face. 

"Hello, little mama," he whispers, still rubbing my stomach. "And hello, little baby," he leans down and kisses my stomach. 

I was pregnant again, and this time is was actually planned by the both of us, instead of me waking up to nausea like I had done with the twins unexpectedly five years ago. We had found out I was carrying a boy, and Gabe suggested the name Stanley, considering he is a Stanley Cup baby. 

The Avalanche had won the Stanley Cup again; this time against the Washington Capitals, sweeping the series at four games. The year before, the Hurricanes had won the Stanley Cup, and was the first Cup for our very good friend, Jeff Skinner. 

The awkwardness between Jeff and I had finally passed. We had no feelings for each other anymore, except the feeling of friendship. Him and Juliana are expecting their second child. Their daughter, Carly, was born a couple months after the twins. We get together occasionally during the season when both respective teams pay each other a visit, and we have also spent some summer vacations up in Kitchener- where it all began. 

Everyone is living in perfect harmony. There's no more tension, no more anger, no more hurt. Everything was absolutely perfect. 

Everyone received their happy ending...