Korean Exchange?

Your otherwise completely boring and pointless school day was suddenly brightened up by the news of a school trip. Not just a school trip though, an exchange. And, not just an exchange, but a Korean exchange!! You perked up from your slow slumber as soon as you heard your form tutor mention it. From then on you changed from being a complete introvert, to being a loud, excitable, well.. fan girl, to put it bluntly.

Ever since you had watched TheFineBros video on various people reacting to K-pop, you had not been able to stay away from it at all. Some would call it and obsession, but you preferred to think of it as being part of a community, which you were part of. Sadly, you knew of no-one who shared the same passion as you did in your school. Not that you would be able to find out, considering you're incredibly socially awkward around everyone.

Fervently, you bombarded your form tutor with questions about this trip. You desperately wanted to know the dates immediately, so you could find out if there were any concerts on at the same time. Maybe you could get tickets and go with your newly made Korean friend. If they wanted to be friends. More of an if would be if they could understand your Korean. You had only been learning Korean for a year, and despite your love for the country (and their singers), you weren't great at speaking it. But, it would be an opportunity to get much, much better. You were so signing up for this exchange!!!

You practically ran home, ignoring the strange looks you were getting. Your ecstasy overpowered your embarrassment, easily. When you unlocked the door you regained your composure (slightly) and slammed the letter about the trip on the table. You dragged your mum over to sign the consent form, before she could even say anything.

Almost shaking, you handed the signed form over to your teacher the next day, trying to resist a wide grin that wanted to spread across your face. You were going to Korea!

Someone needed to slap you around the face to get rid of the ever-growing scream inside you.