Sister Troubles

The rest of the dinner party with EXO was short lived. There was one last toast for SHINee's new album and SMent's upcoming concert before people began to depart. It was all smiles and goodbyes.

As you were walking out of the building, you were hugged from behind. At first you assumed it was Onew, but when you looked down at the hands wrapped around your waist, you knew it was Kai. "It was lovely meeting you tonight," He murmured. You could smell alcohol on his breath, and you immediately broke out of the hug before any more could be said.

"It was nice meeting you too," You said politely, trying to diffuse the confidence that Kai had.

Quickly, Onew rushed to rescue you from the conversation with Kai, which would not have ended well if it had continued.

"(Y/N), the car is outside. We're all waiting on you!" He acted.

"Ahh, well, I'd better be going then," You nodded at Kai in apology for departing the discussion early.

"It would be a shame to leave tonight as...just tonight, so I'm sure I'll be seeing you soon!" Kai warned playfully.

"Let's leave," Onew grasped your hand and dragged you outside to the car. You said a quick goodbye to Kai and the other guests as Onew kept walking you out of the premises.

When you were both in the car Onew let out a sigh of relief. "Remind me to never let you dress up like this again, unless you're just with me," He said decidedly.

"Yes Onew..." You said. "Please don't judge Kai on the way he behaved tonight, because before he got drunk, he was actually a decent person. Taemin's his friend, after all. Plus he had no idea that you were going to freak out when we started talking to each other!" You stuck up for Kai, as you were sure that he was very kind.

"Yeah, I've officially gone off alcohol in general after the past few days!" Onew remarked, both of you laughing at the memories you guys shared.

The others got into the car, and Key obviously had not been put off alcohol whatsoever, but you were proud of Taemin, Minho, and Jonghyun, who had joined Onew and yourself in remaining sober.

"Heeeeyyyy looovebirrrrrdss!" Key smirked.

"Come on Key put on your seatbelt properly," Minho said calmly, strapping Key in like a disobedient child.

"I don't want to put on a seatbelt! Who needs safety?!" Key pouted.

"You have to though Key," Minho sighed gruffly.

While this mini, stroppy, childish argument went back and forth between Key and Minho, Jonghyun turned to you. "Have you seen my sister? I don't know where she is," He asked.

"No, sorry. I haven't seen her since we were eating dinner," You told him unhelpfully.

"Neither have I," Taemin said.

"She's probably just saying goodbye to EXO. She was really excited to meet them," Onew comforted Jonghyun, who was stressing out at the thought of losing his sister at a dinner party. I mean, who does that?!

You could see that Jonghyun was over thinking and worrying too much about his sister, so you volunteered to go find her. "I'll find her and tell her that we're ready to go,".

"Noooooooooo... You are not going back in when Kai is still in there," Onew told you.

"Really? I can take care of myself! If I'm not back in five minutes, be my knight in shining armour and come save me," You said.

Before Onew could object, you stepped out of the car and back into the building. There was a large crowd of people who were there for the next event. Standing on your tiptoes, you could just about see the hat that you remembered D.O was wearing earlier, so you started forcing your way through the crowd towards him. Luckily, D.O had also decided to stay sober for the evening, so it was easy to talk to him.

"D.O! Have you seen Kim Sodam, you know Jonghyun's sister?" You asked, trying to shout over the mass of low-lying conversations.

"Uhhh.." D.O didn't give you a straight answer.

"What happened? Where is she? We need to leave soon!" You questioned.

"Wellll... the last time I saw her, she was with Suho..." He said.

"And where's Suho?"

"He's already left,"

"WITH KIM SODAM????"

"Uhhh, yeeeaahhh..."

You gave D.O a light smack on the arm before huffing and going back to the car to make up some excuse to tell Jonghyun.

You were about to open the car door when it was opened onto you. You fell back, but Onew stopped your fall by pulling you forward. Instead you fell into the car on him.

"I thought you wanted to take it slow Onew!" a drunk Key exclaimed. You got off Onew, both of you blushing at Key's remark, while the others giggled.

"So did you find my sister?" Jonghyun asked.

"I saw D.O, and he said that she had already gone home..." You said. Well, she had gone home, just not to her own...

"Really? I wonder how she got home.." Jonghyun wondered.

You decided that you should at least tell him that she was with Suho. "I think she got a lift home from Suho,"

"REALLY?! Hmmmm.... I don't think I like that," He speculated.

You bit your lip, hoping that you had done the right thing, and looked at Onew, who shrugged his shoulders. Jonghyun was looking out of the window, probably thinking of ways to kill Suho without being discovered.

      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for anyone who has taken the time to look at my story. I hope I don't disappoint! Kamsahamnida!