Still Missing You

Jonghyun sighed, flopping down on the hotel room bed. Taemin jumped on top of him, making Jonghyun grunt. He smacked Taemin off.

"What!?" Taemin pouted.

"Can't you see he's not in the mood for your immaturity?" Key sighed, rolling his eyes.

"But why not? No one is! Why is everyone being so... weird! It's like we're not even on tour, you're so grumpy!" Taemin whined.

"Maybe some of us are just missing home," Jonghyun muttered.

"Missing (y/n), you mean?" Taemin smirked.

Jonghyun ignored him and took his phone off of charge, staring at the blank home screen. It was blank.

"Just call her already, Jjong," Key whispered.

Jonghyun glanced quickly at Key, as he would blush if he thought about her too much. And that was an invitation to get teased by these pabos... 

"How did you even kn-" 

"I just know," Key grinned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your phone buzzed on the coffee shop table, hitting your mug with a clink every so often. You reached to pick it up, but Jiyong snatched it away from you. You had caught a glimpse of the caller ID, and you desperately wanted to answer that phone call. 

"Yah, give that back!" 

"It's rude to answer phone calls when you already have company," He smirked, gesturing to the others. 

"No, give me my phone right now! It's rude to take people's stuff without their permission! I need to answer it," You said firmly, trying to grab it off him.

"This is stupid," Seungri muttered, taking your phone off Jiyong, and kindly passing it to you while sighing. Jiyong cast a glare of daggers at Seungri, who easily ignored it. 

You quickly answered and stepped outside the coffee shop, even though it was so much colder. 

"Jonghyun?" You called down the phone.

"Hi, (y/n)!" 

"How are you? Are the concerts going well? How's Taemin holding up? What's Key up to? He said he'd keep me up to date on everything... Are you having fun?" You questioned, relieved and happy to hear something from them.

"Woah! So many questions!" He laughed. 

You hadn't heard that laugh for a while...

"Well, you have been gone for over two months now," You mumbled. Not that you had been counting the days, or anything like that, hehehe...

"Yeah...but it'll be okay. We're all okay, it's tiring, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.. We're in Japan at the moment, we landed yesterday and we'll be here for a couple of weeks at least. Doing all this is great, and fun, but it's not the same as Seoul... it's not the same without you here,"

You smiled sheepishly at the ground, shuffling your feet. Despite the cold, Jonghyun's words made your heart melt.

"I really miss you. All of you. I know that this is a massive opportunity for you guys, but in a way, I hope it ends soon so I can see you again," You sighed, staring up at the sky. 

"I miss you too. I thought it would wear off after the first week or so, but over two months in, I'm still missing you. And your pancakes. Breakfast isn't as good any more," He chuckled.

"Jonghyun... I don't know if anyone has told you, but Lee Soo-man kicked me out of SM..." You blurted out, unable to keep the news from him any longer.

"Wha-...Why?" He replied sadly and confused. 

"Apparently, I caused too much bad publicity," 

"Well, if you've left, then I'm definitely leaving!" Jonghyun announced stubbornly.

"What!? No, don't!! I'm fine with this, really," You insisted.

"But what are you going to do?" 

"It's all been sorted out. I've... already been accepted into YG.." You mumbled, bracing yourself for the worst.

"C-Congratulations.." He said, dumbfounded.

"It's not that bad," 

"I really have to get back to Seoul.. First my sister's wedding, then Christmas, and now this? I can't just abandon it all! I've already spoken to manager hyung about it, of course, he said no... but if I keep persisting, I'm sure I can convince him," He reasoned.

"You don't have to Jjong,"

"I want to,"

"Fine... but don't get into trouble with your manager over this, okay?" 

"Yes jagiya," Jonghyun replied.

You froze, unsure of what to say. Did he really just call you jagiya?? Jonghyun was obviously struggling to find words as well, since silence filled the air around you. 

"I...uh, I should get back to.. uh, r-rehearsing! See you soon.. Bye!" 

"Good luck in Japan! Bye," You answered, still in shock.

After a few long seconds, he hung up. You stood looking at your phone's screen for a while, still processing what had just happened. Butterflies whirled around in your stomach as you recounted the conversation, replaying it over and over in your mind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dammit!" Jonghyun yelled, throwing his phone on the hotel room's carpet. 

Minho picked it up calmly and placed it on the beside table, acting as though this was something that normally happened. 

"Hyung?" Taemin whispered cautiously. 

"Who were you talking to?" Onew asked curiously.

"No way! Did you really just call her jagiya!??!? And then hang up on her with no explanation?!! You're too cheesy Jjong!" 

"Maybe..." Jonghyun mumbled, flustered, burying his face in his pillow to hide his blushing cheeks. 

"Who were you talking to??" Onew repeated.

Neither Key or Jonghyun wanted to answer Onew's question, as they were unsure of the reaction. As he only received silence, Onew took Jonghyun's phone and looked through his past calls. 

"Yah!! How did you know my password?!" Jonghyun shouted in protest.

"Easy. SHINee's debut date," Onew muttered, his eyes fixed on the screen.

His shoulders slumped and his expression slowly drained, and became empty. Onew hadn't been like this since that one video. And this time, (y/n) wasn't there to calm him down. Without uttering a single word, Onew put the phone back in its original position, and continued to unpack his clothes casually. 

"You two might want to talk about this," Minho advised, glancing apprehensively between them.

"Another time," Onew mumbled, concentrating fully on his suitcase, determined not to face any of them. 

Jonghyun slumped further into the bed, trying to focus on the positive side. Maybe he was able to go home.