Sorting Things Out

You woke up the next day on the sofa lying next to Onew. Your faces were so close that it made your heart flutter and your cheeks blush. You quickly got up before anyone could see you and tease you about it later. You headed over to the fridge to get some milk for cereal and you saw a post-it note on it. You squinted so you could read the curly writing. 

Yah! (Y/N)!

 Forget breakfast, and call manager hyung! Oh, and tell Onew to get over to the studio NOW...

HURRY UP

Fighting! 

Love, your one and only, KEY ^w^

You rolled your eyes at Key's note filled with nagging and impatience. You grabbed your phone off the counter and called their manager, as Key instructed. 

"Annyeonghaseyo," 

"Annyeonghaseyo manager oppa, it's (y/n)," 

"Ah, have you considered the offer I gave you?"

"Yes, and I have decided that I would love to have the opportunity to work at SMent!" 

"I'm not going to lie, it will be lots of hard work..." 

"I've made up my mind, one hundred percent," You confirmed seriously.

"Right then. You can come pick up your schedule whenever today. I'm going to let you go back to America with  Taemin tomorrow for a few days, so you can finish your exchange and any family affairs,"

"Tomorrow?!" You asked, shocked. You looked round and Onew was peeking over the edge of the sofa, looking at you.

"Is that a problem?"

"N-No! It just surprised me, that's all," 

"Well, see you later when you pick up your schedule. All of us want you to debut as soon as possible, so work hard," He told you before hanging up.

You lowered your phone and stared at it in some sort of trance.  Onew wrapped his hands around yours to stop you shaking. You looked up at him before hastily putting your phone back on the table and smiled. 

Of all the things he could have taken from your conversation over the phone, he chose one thing.

"Why haven't you called me oppa before?" He asked, pouting playfully.

"What?"

"You called manager hyung, oppa, and you've never called me that before, even though I'm older than you,"

"Um, I don't know... Why are you asking? Do you want me to call you oppa?"

"You can call me whatever you like," 

"Okay then, I'll remember that, babo," You threatened childishly, as you both laughed.

"But Onew, Key says you need to go to the studio," 

"Ahhh, I'll see you later then. By the way, don't forget about me while your in America over the next couple of days,"  Onew winked at you and left, leaving you alone in the massive house.

Finally you were able to enjoy your cereal, you even had a second bowl. While you were getting dressed, you heard your phone vibrate. You went over and saw a text from Kim Sodam. It read,

Chingu? I'm at the park :3

I'm on my way unnie :)

You replied, and put on your shoes. You left to go to the park immediately. You saw her sitting on a park bench. As you neared her, you realised she was looking down, her hair hiding her face from the world around her. 

You sat down next to her, and she acknowledged your presence by tilting her head slightly towards you. You rubbed her back with your hand as she flung her arms around you.

"I'm so sad..." She wailed, just as two people were walking past. They gave you an accusing look, and you smiled politely at them, not knowing what to do.

"Shhh, unnie, why are you sad?" 

"So many reasons!!" She continued sobbing, getting your t-shirt wet with tears.

"I'm all ears," You comforted, as she regained her composure a bit.

"Well, I haven't spoken to Jonghyun for days even though he's been trying to call me, I haven't gone to work for days because I don't feel like getting up in the mornings, and Suho!!! Suho in general," She began to weep again after mentioning Suho.

"We can sort out everything with Jonghyun, he won't be mad, he's only worried about you. And what about Suho? I thought you guys were on good terms!" 

"We ARE! We were.. After the dinner party, I stayed over at his place, and we had such a fun time, a-and I thought we were going somewhere - stupid me right, SO STUPID - and he told me, t-that he didn't think we s-should be together," She muffled her crying by covering her face. 

"But why?"

"Probably because he's an IDOL, and he doesn't want to upset SMent - or his fans..." 

"Then he's a coward! If he chose SMent over you, then you don't deserve him!"

"But it hasn't just been the other night - if it had been, it would be easier to move on!!"

"What do you mean?" You asked, intrigued.

"We used to be t-together, and then I let him pursue his dreams, AND NOW LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENED! A-AND THE WORST PART IS - I LOVE HIM," 

You might as well have lost her in all those tears. You needed to sort something out, and fast. Their relationship is obviously a big deal to her, so you needed Suho to make it work. You pulled Kim Sodam off you, "Unnie, I just need to make a quick call," She said nothing, and moved her hands from you, and hugged her knees intensely.

 You took a step back and you called the only person you could think of who might be able to help. You dialled Kai's number, your phone shaking in your hands for the second time today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for all the reads!! It really gives me a confidence boost, and makes me more determined to think of new ideas for this story everyday! Thank you <3