Lunch

Key was waiting for you outside the dance hall so you could go have lunch. Hara was gushing over Key and how great his dancing was, and how much better he was than you at it. You were sure he was a better dancer than you, but it was still a slap in the face to hear someone say it again and again.

You ended the conversation very quickly, with the excuse that you two needed to do something important. Key was reluctant to finish a complimentary discussion, but you rolled your eyes, and dragged him by the wrist away form Hara. Luckily, he got the message, even though he was pouting about it.

"Where are we meeting Taemin?" You asked, letting go of Key's wrist.

"Ah, don't worry about him, he said he needed to 'do something important'. He can meet us at the café later, if he's done whatever he's doing," Key informed you. Having used this excuse before, you knew that something wasn't right with Taemin. Surely Key knew it as well.

When you walked into the café with Key, you got a few stares from the other customers. You laughed nervously and smiled, before you were pulled to an empty table by Key. He was about to go to the counter to order, but the waitress came over to him first. Before she could say anything Key ordered two of the best sandwiches and two coffees with cream on top, without paying that much attention to her. Disappointed, she nodded slowly, and walked back to the counter. You couldn't help but feel a little sorry for her.

"Is that what you wanted?" He asked.

"Yeah! Do you like cream on your coffee too?"

"Yep! I saw you order it once, so I tried it, and it's really nice with the cream. Much sweeter too," He grinned.

Your order was completed quickly, you suspected that the waitress put yours ahead of others. They really were the best sandwiches though, both you and Key agreed on that. You looked out of the window while sipping on your less bitter coffee, but you were startled when Key reached over and touched your hand.

"What?" You asked.

"I know that Onew and Minho didn't want you to see them arguing, and I know it must have been uncomfortable for you... You know what their fighting about, right?"

You didn't respond, afraid to say the answer yourself, but Key continued talking assuming that you knew.

"Well, I thought you had made a clear decision, but lately, I've been struggling to figure out where your mind's at.. Whatever happens between you three, I want you to know that I'll be here for you," He promised, making you smile with hope that this could be solved without anyone getting hurt. You wished that it wasn't too late for that to happen.

"And me too! I'll always have your back!" Taemin burst in through the double doors dramatically.

He apologised hastily, as he didn't realise that so many people were here, but his actions had made you and Key laugh. He always managed to brighten your day. His words reminded you of the kindness he showed in America when you were dealing with your friends and family. It comforted you knowing that he was speaking the truth.

"Sorry for being late," Taemin sighed happily as he grabbed a chair and sat around the table with you.

"What were you up to?" Key inquired, raising his eyebrows.

"Kai wanted to meet up for lunch, so I was with him, but I came straight here afterwards!" He said.

"How is he?" You asked.

"Ahh, I don't know really. He's a bit run down since he's been working really hard, plus he's helping Suho a lot with, well, everything! He'll pull through though, I know it," Taemin nodded his head, a grin still on his face.

These two made such a positive impact on your mental state. You were sure that you would have lost your mind without them.