ZERO| middle of july, 2078

Welcome to TREPIDATION
-
Hello and welcome to a bland book.
Please understand!...
I wrote this book before the depressing passing of Louis Tomlinson's mother, Jay.
I've edited the book to remove most mentioning of her, but I had to keep it. The story revolves around the (fictional) passing, in a way.
May you rest easy Jay, and may this (fictional) story be respectful in all ways possible as I can make it.
This story isn't like any other unless it is...
It's graphic and a little bit illegal, enjoy.

Xxx, TS

-

What does the word "future" mean to you? Does it mean technical advancements and improvements? Does it mean modernization? It doesn't mean anything specific to me, or to anyone around me. But, that doesn't mean everyone lacks this way of thinking.

We live in a world of the future. A future no one thought would occur. An extreme monarchy where God doesn't exist. A world where there is no heaven or hell. A world where the government has taken over. No more queens, no more kings, no more presidents, no more of those old laws made by those of the generation beginning with a "1" or a "2." It's only the government now.

A group of three stingy individuals who all want to take charge. That group, being those in charge and always gets the last word. I call them The Federation. It's funny, I despise The Federation, but I have relation to the highest part, Lucas Tomlinson. I'm happy to say he and I share the same last name.

That's something we do now, too. The last names are all the same now: we call it Poul. That word categorizes everyone as a citizen. Everyone, except for The Federation, shares a Poul name. There are the Mikis, the Katan's, the Joktan's, and the list goes on. The Poulmiki's, Pouljoktan's, the Poulkatan's, and the list going on. None are no more powerful than each other. I don't particularly care for the Poul, but I'm the one who approved of it. That's how it is these days. Anyone against it can happily leave.

This world we live in is now made up of people who will listen, who'll obey our words. I obey Lucas Tomlinson more than I obey anyone in this world. With every word he utters towards my direction, I take it in complete consideration. That is if he ever spoke to me. He doesn't enjoy speaking to me these days.

I would go back to checking my notes in the morning room, answering calls, and approving interviews after thinking of Lucas. My job isn't very important compared to Danny. I am the controller and she is the commander. I do as she would want me to. I partake in a different line of work than Danny, but it all comes together at the end. She is The Federation, and me and Lucas make up the trio. She's the law here, she's the reason this world is still alive today. She's changed the route for human-life, women, and renamed history. I say this as if it's a negative, having a woman in charge of me. But turns out, that's what this world needed ever since the beginning.

We, Danny and I, live in a named mansion in what was called America, together. I'm not from here, what was America, of course, and neither is Danny, who goes by Daniella only by her father. But one who dares to call her that (other than her father, of course) would be executed. Execution is one thing we never seem to agree on, but she's in charge, so I won't say anything about the issue.

Lucas and I happened to move to the same place, but not at the same time. He beat me to the New World. The world was once a place of freedom. I wouldn't call it freedom these days. I've seen with my own eyes what freedom does to the human population. Animals were killed ruthlessly, human-lives were sacrificed or kept for much too long, food was at too high of a demand, health was worse as it's ever been before, and the soil and air became too polluted for any life to live comfortably.