THIRTY| beginning of june, 2074

-

I packed my bags for corrupt America. Every single thing in my room was in its own designated spot in my luggage. All I dreamed of when I completed college was to complete four years of university and walk across the stage. It's an old tradition taken from America and implemented here in UK, and Danny took that away from me. I called Harry to complain a week ago, but he didn't answer. I wonder where he is? Whilst looking around my room slowly, I recognized that it started becoming emptier and emptier.

"Stay safe in America. Please tell Lucas I said hello," said Dad.

I turned around and noticed he was in my empty room. My phone buzzed and it was Danny, she's here. I sighed and looked at him. He gave in to letting me go after I came back from talking with Danny. He's not happy about it, but there's nothing I can do about that.

"Just think of it as me going abroad to study," I sighed.

"But you're really going to try and take over America just like Lucas and Danny, eh?" Dad asked. "You're not like them."

I bit my lip and sighed. I know I'm not like them, but I won't get anywhere in life being how I am.

"Goodbye, Dad."

"See ya, son," Dad sighed.

Outside, Dad and Danny helped me put my luggage in the back of my car. Danny's car was filled with many different sizes of bags. Danny didn't say anything to me, she knew not too since we have to fly to America. I gave Dad a final hug and goodbye before I got into my car and followed Danny all the way to a nearby airport.

During my drive, I thought about what my life would consist of now. This is going to be my last time with this car. This car would stay at the airport until someone arrives and takes it to storage. This would be the last time I hear a daily British accent. But I don't mind, it's time for a change. It's time to get my life together. It's time for me to move on. UK has done nothing but hurt me time after time, I have to get better now. I have to leave the past as the past. I have to leave Dad. I have too.

Danny and I arrived at the airport and I parked beside her and got out. I started to unload my luggage, but Danny stopped me.

"I have people for that," said Danny.

​Danny grabbed my hand and we walked inside the airport. She ordered us both a cup of tea and we watched as the planes went by. There aren't many people who fly considering countries don't allow outsiders in as often anymore. But planes still have to fly, whether it be one person or ten people, they have to fly or pilots would be out of jobs and planes wouldn't be needed.

"Are you nervous?" Danny asked.

"Yes," I answered as I sipped on the tea.

"What about? There is nothing to be afraid of," she asked as she adjusted the gloves on her hand.

"I'm just afraid," I mumbled. "It's like I'm growing up."

"Everyone's afraid of growing up, love. It's alright," she said.

​Danny and I sat and waited until we were called over by her security and we were led onto Danny's private plane. Her plane had only ten seats and they were black leather with seat warmers. We were served tea and offered a movie. I met the pilot on the plane and felt myself becoming nervous. The plane didn't start until thirty minutes after it loaded. When the plane started, I made sure to grip the seats best to my comfort. God, I hate planes.

"Did you know that decades ago when America was a state, the south cherished something called sweet tea?" Danny informed while reading her magazine.