TWENTY-THREE| two years later, april 2071

-

It's been two years since I've returned home. My fifteenth birthday was my first ever real birthday I've ever had. It was spent with Dad, who actually remembered it. That was all I wanted for my birthday, for him to remember it. My sixteenth birthday was a few months ago and I spent it with Danny. It was really fun just hanging out with her since it's been so long. She never even asked about the hospital I was in nor did she even care. Glad to know she hasn't changed.

Lucas moved back into Dad's house because the ratings are continuing to drop at JAPU, which means his money is low and that's making him angry. As I looked at my brother beside me, his face hardened with anger. His anger is terrifying. I know I shouldn't be afraid since he's my biological brother, but he will hurt me and he will let anyone hurt me. He hates my guts and doesn't care about me. He parked his trunk and we went inside of our home. Lucas put his cigars he bought at the store in his back pocket.

"Go get cleaned up. You look terrible," Dad told Lucas and me.

He's been to rehab now and he wants to live like royalty. That means dressing presentable even for dinner. I went up the hallway and put on dress clothes and shoes. When I went back into the dining room, Dad had dinner set up and was wearing a black suit and a bow tie, he has black shiny boots and his hair slick back.

Lucas on the other side, stayed in his same clothes, his dirty dress shirt that he slept in and has stains on, and his ripped dress pants. Lucas does his own thing, even though he gets in a lot of trouble. He's only twenty years old and he looks completely drained. His hair is back to its natural blonde since he stopped bleaching it. He hasn't gotten anymore new tattoos in forever, and he doesn't even dress up like he used to. He does keep the piercings in his face now.

"Go and change," Dad ordered Lucas.

"Why? Tell me why the hell I need to dress up?" Lucas snapped.

Lucas is a typical, twenty year old man with twenty year old men problems, wanting to be rich but he can't. But the difference with Lucas and the other twenty year olds is that Lucas was actually one of the richest people ever at one point.

"Lucas Austin!" Dad yelled.

I hate seeing him angry. Dad and Lucas fight every day and one day it's going to get physical, and I'm probably not going to be able to stop it. With me, I still go out to the park and play football on the field whilst Danny plays basketball. Playing football has kept me in shape, and I can't explain enough how much Lucas and I've grown to resemble one another. My facial structure has gotten stronger and my body is defined.

"My name is Lucas Tomlinson!" Lucas yelled. "Don't you dare think I'm anything to you!"

"You are my son whether you change your last name or not!" Dad yelled at Lucas.

"Charles Austin," Lucas growled. "I may not be as wealthy and as happy as I used to be when I had my academy, but that doesn't mean I've grown to appreciate your loyalty because I can honestly say you were better off a fucking drunk!"

Dad didn't respond to him but simply spoke. "Let's eat dinner."

Lucas rolled his eyes, and I did too. He's always ignoring the last thing Lucas argues about simply because Lucas is always right. I don't want to argue with him though, it'll make him angry and he might drink again. I'd rather him be annoying and irritating than drinking and abusive.

"What uni are you planning on attending?" I asked Lucas who was poking around at his food.

"Who the fuck says I'm going back to uni?" Lucas groaned.