[one]

A year. That's three hundred and sixty five days, roughly. A year can either pass slowly, each day agonisingly tedious and mundane.

Or, a year can fly past, gone in a blink of an eye. Before you know it, it's January first all over again and you're bracing yourself for another year.

Amelia fell into neither of those categories. She felt that a year felt as long as it was. That a new day arose every twenty four hours, just as it should.

Either way, it had been a year since Amelia moved to central city, and in all honesty, she loved it. How could she not? Every morning she woke up to see her child and every evening she came home to curl up on the sofa with her best friend. But she still missed Oliver, he was still a constant thought, and a part of her still felt empty without him.

That morning, Amelia pulled herself out of bed reluctantly. Walking towards her door, she pulled it open only to have water squirted in her face. Wiping it away, she looked at the two culprits. Her son had his hands over his mouth, while Barry had thrown the water gun onto the floor.

"Uh oh." Her one year old son spoke.

Amelia couldn't believe how much he had grown in a year, especially with being born three months premature. He had Oliver's green eyes and surprisingly had neither red nor dark hair, rather he had Felicity's blonde hair. Amelia had named him Thomas. Thomas Robert Queen.

"Uh oh is right Tommy." Amelia replied, pretending to be angry.

"Sor' muma. Ba' 'dea." He exclaimed, pointing at Barry. Deciphering his speech, Amelia realised that he had told her that it was Barry's idea.

Barry pouted at the one year old. "Aw, way to drop me in it Tommy." He whined.

Realising that Amelia was still standing there, Barry smiled sheepishly and raised his hands in defense. "Sorry Mia. Come on you wouldn't hurt this pretty face, would you?" He squeaked.

Amelia turned to Tommy, who was holding the water gun in his hands. He pushed it into his mothers arms, giggling. Amelia crouched down and smiled at her green eyed son.

"Should mummy use the water gun on Barry?" She asked.

Tommy nodded enthusiastically and a grin broke out onto Amelia's face. She whirled round to face Barry, the water gun held high.

"Put your hands up Allen." She growled playfully.

Barry complied, pretending to be scared. "Apologies Mam, I never meant no harm." He said in a terrible texas accent.

Amelia smiled wickedly at Barry. "Charge." She yelled, and ran at Barry.

Barry turned and ran into the front room ahead of Amelia. From behind, the two could hear baby Tommy laughing as he followed them. Barry turned, realising that there was nowhere that he could go.

"Mia, come on. You love me too much to do this. Please." He fake cried.

Amelia narrowed her eyes and pointed the water gun at his chest. "Hasta la vista baby." She said and fired the water gun.

Barry pretended to be after by the water and clutched his hands to his chest, stumbling dramatically.

"I surrender. Leave me be, I beg thee." He pleaded.

"What's with the change in accents?" Amelia laughed.

"I was feeling it." He shrugged, pouting at her.

He ran forward, grinning and picked Amelia up, twirling her round. "I have you now." He exclaimed and laughed.

Tommy crawled towards the two and hit Barry on the legs, his face filled with determination.

"Mama." He cried.

Barry put Amelia down and lifted the blonde haired child into his arms. Tommy giggled and gave Barry a toothy grin.

"We were only playing Tommy. I love your mum too much to hurt her. You and I are her superheros, right?" He spoke, smiling softly.

Tommy nodded and laughed, wriggling in Barry's arms. Amelia smiled as she watched the two interact.

"Come on my knights, it's time for breakfast." Amelia laughed.

Barry cheered and carried Tommy into the kitchen where Amelia began to cook breakfast for the three.

"You know that you're loved when Mia cooks." Barry announced as he put Tommy into his highchair.

"Funny Allen. Real funny." Amelia scoffed, handing Barry a plate of pancakes.

After preparing Tommy his breakfast, Amelia sat at the table beside the two.

"So, apparently the particle accelerator should be ready by Christmas." Barry said as he chewed a mouthful of pancakes.

"I know Barry. You told me this yesterday. In fact you tell me this everyday." Amelia laughed and watched as Barry's cheeks turned red.

"I'm just really excited." He mumbled as he helped feed Tommy.

"I know Barry, and I love that about you. Really I do. Speaking of love, have you talked to Iris lately?"

"Have you spoke to Oliver?" He retorted.

"Not the same thing." Amelia fired back, narrowing her eyes.

"You're right. I don't have a child."

"Low blow Barry." Amelia grumbled and began to clear the table.

She leaned against the sink and heard Barry's footsteps.

"Mia I'm sorry." He told her, placing his hand on her shoulder.

Amelia turned to face him and smiled softly. "I know. It's okay. Now come on, we're going to Jitters to see Iris." Amelia announced.

Tommy clapped his hands in excitement at the sound of Iris' name and Barry and Amelia laughed.

"He's going to be a ladies man." Barry commented. "Just like his father."

---

A/N

So here's the first chapter of the sequel. What did you think? :)