[Twelve]

Amelia drummed her nails against her thigh as she scampered around her apartment. Oliver had asked her out on a date and Amelia agreed. Oliver had planned a 'family day'. He had the entire day planned for the three of them and Amelia was both excited and nervous. Tommy was dressed in the most adorable sweater and jeans, but Amelia still had no idea what to wear.

Slade had arrived at her apartment earlier and he now sat on the couch while Tommy sat in the corner of the room, staring at Slade with what can only be described as pure hatred. For someone so tiny he sure did know how to glare. Slade looked at Amelia fondly as he watched her pace between the two rooms. Her beauty amazed him, as did everything else about her. Her laugh, her walk, her voice, and her ability to love Oliver Queen. That was one thing that he didn't understand. How, even after everything that Oliver had done, she still managed to love him. Why?

"Mia love, what's wrong?" He asked.

Amelia didn't comment on the 'love' part as she turned to face him. "I have no idea what to wear." She huffed.

"I don't understand. You look beautiful in what you're wearing now."

Amelia smiled sweetly at him. "Oliver's coming soon, and I don't know what to wear." She elaborated.

"So you decided to give him another chance?"

Amelia nodded. "Yeah. He deserves it."

"Really? After everything he has done?" Slade exclaimed.

Amelia tilted her head and arched her eyebrow. "And how exactly do you know what he's done?"

"I don't. I just assumed..."

"Well don't." Amelia said sharply.

"You're right. I'm sorry." Slade spoke, his voice soft and smooth.

Amelia sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "So am I. I'm just really nervous."

"You'll look beautiful no matter what you wear." Slade told her as he stood up.

"I bet you say that to all the ladies Mr Wilson." Amelia laughed, joking.

"No. Just you." He said, seriously.

Amelia suddenly felt very awkward and slightly uncomfortable. She cleared her throat and forced a smile. "Oliver will be coming soon." She spoke.

Slade nodded. "Of course. I'll let myself out."

"Thank you for coming today Slade. It was lovely seeing you." She told him, opening the front door.

Slade smiled at her once more. "It's always a pleasure Mia."

--

Amelia smoothed down her skirt and walked towards the door as she heard Oliver knock it. It took a lot longer than she had expected, but finally she found an outfit that she was satisfied with. She opened the door and found a grinning Oliver on the other side.

"Hey Mia." He said.

"Hey yourself." She retorted. "Come on in. I think it's time you meet someone."

Oliver nodded, knowing who she meant. He entered her apartment, ringing his hands in nervousness. Amelia grabbed his hand, intertwining it with hers. He smiled at her and together they walked to Tommy who sat in his highchair.

"Hi mama." Tommy gurgled, giving his mother a toothy grin.

"Hi honey. I want you to meet someone." Amelia said softly. "Tommy, this is Oliver. Oliver's your dad."

Tommy turned to look at Oliver and inspected him. Oliver squirmed slightly beneath the two year olds gaze. It really was amazing how much influence such a young child could have on adults.

"Da da?" Tommy questioned and pointed at Oliver, his gaze focused firmly upon Oliver.

Oliver nodded. "Yeah Tommy. I'm your dad." The joy that those words brought Oliver was beyond words. This child in front of him was his, and his mother was the love of Oliver's life. The person that he had always loved, the person that he always would love.

Amelia watched as Oliver took Tommy's tiny hand in his, treating him with more care than porcelain. His green eyes twinkled as he watched his blonde haired son, and Amelia knew that Oliver was ready to be a father. He was old enough and mature enough and held so much love in his heart for this blonde haired child.

"You can hold him if you'd like." Amelia said.

Oliver turned to face Amelia, his eyes wide as surprise swamped his face. "Really?"

"Yes." Amelia laughed. "He is your son after all."

"Yeah." Oliver whispered, looking at Tommy. "He is."

Oliver reached towards Tommy who held his arms out. Slowly and carefully, he lifted Tommy out of his highchair and readjusted him until he found a comfortable position that was easy to carry him. Amelia laughed slightly as she watched the panic upon Oliver's face.

"Its not funny." Oliver hissed. "What if I drop him?

"Oliver you're not going to drop him." Amelia scoffed.

"You don't know that." He retorted.

"Ollie, you're not going to drop Tommy. Calm down. I'm going to grab his coat and then we can go." Amelia told him.

But Oliver wasn't really paying attention. The redheads words had claimed him and his full attention was now being absorbed but the two year old who was laughing at his father while he made faces. Amelia walked out of the room, watching the father and son interact as she did so.

Maybe they really did have a shot at being a family.

---

Amelia walked ahead of Oliver who held Tommy's hand. They were going for a picnic, but had stopped off at a nearby shop for some last minute supplies. Amelia giggled slightly as she walked down the isle filled with kids toys, and one caught her eye. She picked it up, smiling as she did so.

"Ollie." She hollered.

Oliver turned to face Amelia, holding Tommy's hand all the while. Amelia stood in the middle of the isle, a toy bow and arrow raised in the air. She pointed it at Oliver, unable to contain her laugh.

"That's not funny." Oliver huffed, but soon began laughing.

"Oh I am so buying this." Amelia announced, after recovering from her fit of laughter.

Oliver rolled his eyes and wrapped his free arm around her waist, kissing her cheek. "You are an actual child." He joked.

Amelia flashed him a grin. "But you love me anyway."

"Ma ma, da da, park." Tommy whined.

Amelia and Oliver laughed as they looked down at their son.

"Okay honey. We're going now." Amelia said. "Ollie." She added.

"Yeah?" He questioned.

"I wasn't kidding. We're buying the bow and arrow."

--

A/N

I know it's short but I wanted to post. The picnic will be the next chapter and it's gonna be super cute. I came across a photo of Holland with a tot bow and arrow (the photos attached) and so I thought I'd put in that cute moment.