[Fifteen]

Amelia opened her front door and Oliver rushed in. He took Amelia's face in his hands and inspected her entire body for injuries. Then he ran into the next room and opened Tommy's bedroom door. Finally he looked at the wooden floor where the body had previously been.

His eyes glazed over the entire scene until they finally met with Amelia's.

"What happened?" He demanded, but his eyes held worry.

"I was attacked. He wanted to hurt Tommy and I. I had to Ollie, I didn't want to. That's not me anymore." Her breathing was wheezy and tears pools in her eyes.

"Mia, what did you have to do?" He asked calming as he walked towards Amelia.

"I had to kill him." She sobbed.

Oliver's eyes widened as he watched the red head burst in tears before him. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to his chest, kissing the top of her head.

Amelia cried, something she hadn't done in a long time. She thought that part of her was dead and gone. She didn't want to be that person anymore. She wanted to be Tommy's mother, Oliver's girlfriend and Barry's best friend. She just wanted a family.

But whoever this person was and whatever they had against Amelia, they wanted to awaken that fury within her. They wanted her to be the killing machine she was, someone without remorse and killed without hesitation.

And so Amelia cried in Oliver's arms. She cried for every person she had killed. Finally, when there weren't any more tears to shed, Amelia pulled away and so Oliver laced their hands together.

"Mia, can you tell me what happened, slowly?" He asked his voice soft.

Amelia nodded and took a deep breath. "Someone knocked at the door and I opened it because I thought it was you. But then this masked man barged in and attacked me. He said that I should've done what his leader told me. He attacked me, but I knocked him down. I got distracted and he pushed me off. I had to kill him before he killed Tommy, he would've done it Oliver. I know he would've." She explained.

Amelia glanced up at Oliver's face, worried that he would hate her. But he nodded slowly as he traced shapes on Amelia's hand.

"Where's the body?" He asked.

"I moved it but . . ."

"I'll take care of it." He told her firmly. "What did you do that day? Where did you go after you left Tommy and I? " He asked, and Amelia knew that he wondered if the person behind the attack was someone that she had spoken to that day.

"I had coffee with Slade." Amelia mused.

Oliver was suddenly alert as his head whirled towards her. "Slade Wilson?" He asked.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" She asked.

"Mia what exactly happened?" He demanded.

"Em, well he got a little annoyed when I didn't tell him what Iris said." She told him hesitantly.

"What did he do?"

Amelia's eyes darted to her other wrist and Oliver pulled up the sleeve of her sweater. He gasped in horror as he saw the purple bruise that ran around her wrist.

"Mia love, what did Iris say to you?" His voice was soft, almost as if he already knew the answer.

"She told me that Slade was obsessed with me." Amelia whispered.

Oliver stood up abruptly, swearing quietly under his breath. He ran a hand down his face as he began to pace the room. Amelia stood up, confusion swamping her.

"Oliver, do you know Slade?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowing.

Finally, Oliver stopped pacing and turned to face the red head.

"Yeah. I do." He answered sharply.

"Woah, don't go being snappy with me." Amelia retorted.

Oliver sighed and nodded. "You're right. I'm sorry Mia. I just hoped that after he left my mum alone that would be the last we ever saw of him. Clearly, I was wrong."

"Oliver, please explain all this to me from the start. Slowly."

And so he did. Oliver told her everything that happened on the island and how Slade was there with him. He told her about Shado and how she had died. How he drove an arrow through Slade's eye when he had the chance to give him the cure.

"Oliver, none of this is your fault, and what happened to Shado was most certainly not your fault. The mirakuru hightened all Slade's senses and emotions. His rage got the best of him. We'll stop him once and for all." She comforted him and kissed his temple.

Oliver leaned into her touch and took his hands in hers.

"But if I had of just given him the cure." He trailed off.

"We would still be in this situation Ollie. Shado still wouldn't be here and Slade would still be blaming you for something that wasn't your fault."

"Mia?" Oliver questioned softly, his green eyes ablaze.

"Yeah?"

"Will you come back to Starling City?" He asked.

Amelia shook her head immediately. "No, Oliver I can't. Barry, Caitlin, Cisco, Iris, they're all here."

"And you can visit them Mia. Central City isn't that far away from Starling." He told her. "Your family is in Starling." He added softly.

"Barry is part of my family Oliver. You know that." Amelia retorted.

"I know Mia, I know. But he would understand. I can keep you and Tommy safe there."

"But that's where Slade is based, is it not?" Amelia inquired, arching an eybrow.

"It is. But it'll be safer if we're all together. Besides, mum wants to meet her grandson." Oliver grinned.

"You told her?" Amelia exclaimed.

"Mia, I've been here for nearly four months. I had no choice."

"She's going to hate me." Amelia groaned, dropping her head in her hands.

"No she really won't. Infact, I was the one who got the lecture."

Amelia lifted her head, a smile crossing her face. "Really?"

"Yep. About how I have to step up to the plate, and look after you and Tommy." He told her matter of factly.

"And what did you say?"

"I told her that had been my plan all along. Because I love you and Tommy, and you're my family."

"Damn Mr Queen. I bet you say that to all the girls."

"How can I, when there's no other girls? There's only you Mia and there'll only ever be you."

Amelia smiled and kissed him softly.

Looks like she was going back to Starling.

---

A/N

Short chapter I wrote it quickly. I haven't had time lately. I have a science exam next week and need to revise for it. But I'll be more active after :)