[Ten]

Amelia lay on the couch, reading a book. Tommy played on the floor beside her, and there was a sense of peacefulness that neither mother or son had experienced in a while.

The doorbell ringing was the noise that sliced through the silence. Amelia sighed and set her book on the couch. She walked towards the door and opened it as Tommy happily played with his toys. Amelia's eyebrows furrowed as she saw who was on the other end of the door.

"Are you lost?" She asked, looking at the delivery man.

The delivery man shook his and handed her a clipboard.

"Delivery for Amelia Smoak, apartment 25b. Sign here please."

Amelia crinkled her nose but took the clipboard and pen from the man, scrawling down her signature. She handed him back the clipboard and he handed her a package. Thanking him, Amelia retreated back into her apartment, confusion still strewn across her features.

She slowly sat down on the couch and Tommy crawled towards her, placing his hands on her knees. He regarded the package with mild interest. Amelia tore open the seal and brought out the contents.

It was a book. A scrapbook to be precise. It was white with little white roses embroidered on the front cover. In black italics it said, 'Family'. At this point curiosity trumped her confusion as she checked the packaging for a note or some indication of who it came from. Coming up with nothing, Amelia opened the front cover, the silk binding soft beneath her fingertips.

On the inside was a photo of Amelia and Oliver at their prom. Amelia wore a strapless foor length royal blue dress while Oliver wore a suit.

Amelia couldn't help but smile as she recalled the memory. Oliver told Amelia that there was no one that he would rather go with than his best friend. He was an utter gentleman that night, and made Amelia feel like a princess. At the end of the night, he walked her to her door and placed a small kiss on her cheek, stating that he would speak to her the next morning.

Turning the page there was another photo, this one of Amelia and Oliver once again. Felicity must have taken this without either of them noticing, for it seemed to capture a moment when they were in their own world.

Amelia was laughing while Oliver was leaning over, placing a kiss on her cheek. Their hands were intertwined and the love was clear.

On the next page, there was a photo of Amelia's baby scan. The next was of Tommy's first steps and the last was a photo of Amelia raising Tommy in the air while the child threw his head back in laughter.

These were all photos that had either been taken by Felicity or Barry and Amelia wondered who it was from. Closing the book, Amelia jolted in shock as a small piece of paper fluttered out from eithin the pages. Unfolding the paper, Amelia's eyes scanned the words.

Dear Mia,
For all the times that I wasn't there I'm sorry. For all the times that I should've been there, I'm sorry. For all the times that I didn't say I love you and tell you how much I miss you, I'm sorry.

You are my love, the one person that is always on my mind. I wasn't there when you needed me the most, when I should have been. I should have been there for your first scan and I should have been with you when our son took his first steps.

Without you I am only half a person. I have missed too much time with you and Tommy already. I don't want to miss a single moment more. I want to share the special moments in his life with you.

I don't expect you to forgive me straight away, I know that there are things that I should've done, things that I should've said. But please, let me try.

I love you, always and forever,

Oliver x

Tears trickled along Amelia's face as she reread the letter. He did want to try, he wanted to make it work. He wanted to be a dad. He knew that Amelia wouldn't forgive him instantly, she couldn't be bought off with jewellery or flowers. That was just not Amelia. She did not care for material possessions, it was family that meant the most to her.

Maybe Henry was right. Maybe Amelia should let Oliver in, give him a chance to try. But she was so scared.

Scared of falling in love with him even more, just to be destroyed when he left. What if he got bored of Tommy? What was Amelia supposed to tell her son when he was older? She loved Oliver so much that it hurt and God did she ever wish that they could be a family. So many things had stopped that. But could it really work?
Could she let Oliver in again?