[Nine]

Amelia had come to terms with the fact that she was still in love with Oliver. Before Henry's words, she had been in denial, in all honesty. She did not want to realise that she was still in love with Oliver. That she still thought of him everyday and that her chest ached when she thought of how things could have been.

Oh how differently things could have went. Amelia could have told Oliver that she was pregnant, that they were going to have a child together. Oliver would've been overjoyed, but slightly nervous. Amelia would've had to have reassured him that they would be great parents, that he would be a great dad.

Thea would've squealed in excitement when she found out that she was going to be an Aunt. She would've then given Oliver a lecture about taking care of the baby and Amelia and finally growing up.

Moira would've joked, saying that she was too young to be a grandmother before she hugged both Amelia and Oliver.

Quentin would've cried, no doubt, saying that his baby girl was growing up. He would've attempted to be angry with Oliver, but in the end would shake his hand and call a truce.

Oliver would've been overprotective throughout the entire pregnancy, constantly checking on the two of them. He would've panicked when Amelia's water broke and Amelia would've had to shout to snap him out of his daze.

And when the baby was finally born, Amelia would've watched as Oliver held his son for the first time. Together they would decide to call their first born after their late best friend.

And when the time came for Tommy to take his first steps, Amelia and Oliver would've stood at the end of the room, encouraging their son to walk towards his parents. And maybe, a time would've come when Oliver would've asked Amelia to marry him. Felicity and Thea would be bridesmaids, fusing over flower arrangements and fabrics while Oliver and Amelia merely sat together, holding hands.

They may have been young, but they could've done it. They could've raised their child together and been a proper family. But alas, fate would not allow Oliver and Amelia to have their happy ending. In reality, Amelia was a twenty five year old, single mother, living in an apartment with her best friend who was currently in a coma.

It still scared her though, her feelings for Oliver. To think that he still held that sort of influence over her. Maybe it was just that Oliver had always been a big part of her life, even when he wasn't there. He was always on her mind, no matter the time.

Walking into Jitters with Tommy in her arms, Amelia yelped in surprise as she collided with another body. Recovering from the shock she made sure that Tommy was okay - he was, infact he was in a fit of giggling - before looking up at the stranger.

He was a middle aged man, handsome for his age. He had dark hair, and dark eyes to match. Well what Amelia could see of his eyes anyway. A black leather eyepatch covered one of his eyes, in a sort of Nick Fury way. He wore a grey suit and there was a powerful aura around him as he smiled down at Amelia.

"I'm so sorry." She apologised. "I wasn't looking where I was going."

The man shook his head and laughed slightly. "I should be the one apologising. It's quite alright."

Amelia readjusted Tommy upon her hip and offered the man her free hand. "I'm Amelia." She spoke.

"Slade." He replied, shaking her hand. "Is this your son?" He questioned looking at Tommy.

Tommy turned his head, ignoring Slader and Amelia furrowed her eyebrows. "Yes he his. I'm sorry, he usually loves new people."

Slader shrugged and laughed slightly. "Don't worry about it."

Amelia turned to face Tommy once more, attempting to coax him out of his shell. As she did so, she missed as Slader's expression changed to one of interest, even possible infatuation.

Amelia Smoak. Now, she was one that he wanted to keep around longer than he thought.

--

A/N

I know it's short but I like it :)