[Fourteen]

Amelia walked into Jitters, her eyes scanning for Slade. It had been a couple of days since her day with Oliver and Amelia felt as if she was on cloud nine. Oliver was being so kind and both him and Amelia were really trying to be a family.

And it was working.

She smiled brightly as her eyes locked with Slade's. He smiled back and stood up as she neared the table.

"Mia, how are you?" He asked as he hugged her, a little longer that necessary.

"I'm great Slade, I really am." She grinned. "I'm going to get a coffee, you want the usual?" She asked and Slade nodded in response, a soft smile upon his face.

Amelia walked up to the counter to where Iris stood.

"Hey Iris, two black coffees please." She asked.

Iris nodded and set to making the coffees in silence. Amelia's eyebrows furrowed at Iris' behaviour.

"Iris, what's wrong?" She asked.

Iris sighed and set the two coffees 9n tbe counter. Slowly she looked up and met Amelia's gaze.

"It's Slade." She said softly.

"What about him?" Amelia asked, confused.

"There's something off about him." She told the red head.

"What makes you think that?"

"Well you mean apart from the fact that he's glaring at me right now for even talking to you?" Iris scoffed.

Amelia turned to face Slade and for a split second she saw a murderous glare upon his face before he smiled sweetly. Turning back to face Iris, Amelia pursed her lips waiting for Iris to continue to speak.

"Mia, I mean this in the nicest way possible, but that guy is in love with you. Actually no, it's more than that. He's obsessed with you." She told Amelia.

Amelia laughed and shook her head. "Iris, that's crazy, Slade and I are just friends. Besides, I love Oliver."

"I never said the feelings were requited Mia. I know that you love Oliver, but does Slade know that?" Iris spoke, arching a single eyebrow.

"Of course he does."

"Well, Mia just be careful. He may seem harmless to you but you don't see his expressions when you're not looking. There's this crazy look that he gets, almost like he's ready to stand up and tell you that if he can't have you, no one can. He glares at any guy who even looks at you. And the other day when you were telling him about Oliver, the guy nearly smashed the goddamn cup he had. Mia, he's completely obsessed with you."

"Iris don't be stupid. Look, you are one of my closest friends, but Slade has only friendly feelings for me."

"Well that hug when you came in definitely didn't seem that way." Iris commented.

"Iris." Amelia scolded.

"Okay, okay. I'm just saying, please be careful." Iris said.

Amelia's expression softened. "I always am."

"No you're not." Iris retorted as Amelia paid for the coffees.

Laughing, Amelia took the coffees and walked back to Slade. He smiled at her, but looked tense.

"What was Iris saying to you?" He asked.

"Oh we were just talking about Barry." Amelia lied.

She didn't know why she felt compelled to lie, she just didn't think it was a good idea to tell him the truth. Slade seemed to have caught onto her lie and quick as a python attacking its prey, his hand gripped Amelia's wrist.