Chapter 6: Swimming

Tatum's POV:
"And, this is my room," Ross explained, as we entered a huge room. His bed was gigantic, with white sheets, white pillow cases, and I big white comforter. I stared in awe.

I ran to his bed, jumping onto it. It was so comfy and warm. I stood up and began jumping up and down on the fluffy white mattress. It was so bouncy. Imagine going at it with Ross in this bed. Wow, just wow. Ugh, it's weird that I'm thinking about it, on his bed, with him in the room. Ross just laughed at me.

He raced over and hopped onto his bed as well. He started jumping up and down with me as we both laughed like idiots. Suddenly, I
tripped on the comforter, falling into Ross, causing him to fall backwards. I was on top of him, our faces were inches apart. My breath hitched as I didn't know what to do. Ross's face seemed to be getting closer and closer by the minute-

"Ross! Tatum! If you want food, I suggest to get down here!" Rydel interrupted us. I sighed, laying my head on his chest. I felt his hand, gently rubbing my back at his leisure. But I didn't mind. This was nice. I felt . . . safe.

I sighed and pulled myself off of him. He sat up in bed and looked at me. I gave questioning eyes.

"C'mere," Ross whispered, loud enough for me to hear. I crawled back onto the bed, and he pulled me into his lap, so that I was facing him, straddling his legs. He placed his forehead against mine, as our noses touched. As he leaned in -

"Ross! I'm trying to save you guys some food, but the guys are pigs! Hurry up!" Rydel screamed. I jumped at her yelled, causing both Ross and I to frown.

"Gosh." Ross grabbed my hand and walked me down the steps. A strike of electricity went through my body. We're holding hands. Our fingers were laced together, perfectly fitting each other's. We reached the kitchen, and Ross didn't let go of my hand. We sat down at the table beside each other, and grabbed a piece of pizza. He handed me a plate with a slice on it, and I began to eat.

Once I finished my once slice of pizza, I set my plate on top of Ross's also empty plate. He had already eaten three pieces, in the time that I ate one.

"You're only going to eat one piece?" Ross furrowed his eyebrows, looking at my plate, then back at me.

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm pretty fat. I need to go on a diet."

He rolled his eyes and picked up another piece of pizza, throwing it on my plate, which was on top of his. "Eat this piece. And you're beautiful, you don't need a diet."

I rolled my eyes as well, "Rooossss," I whined. He shook his head and pointed at the pizza. "I'm not hungry." I pouted.

"I won't let you go swimming unless you eat that pizza," Ross threatened. I sighed.

"Well then, I guess you'll have to take me home."

He groaned, "Ugh, fine. You don't have to eat it this time. But next time, you have to. Deal?"

"Uh, I guess."

After deciding on going swimming, we all walked out back. Ross walked upstairs for a sec to change into his swim trunks, and when he came down, oh, let me tell you, he looked HOT. Man, he is so dang sexy. I've finally seen his abs in person. I'll check that one off the bucket list. Now to touch them. Ha, yeah right.

I stripped my clothes, revealing my bathing suit. I saw Ross staring at me, pretty much drooling. Score. But honestly, I really don't know why he is drooling over all this fatness. And ugliness. I walked over to him and put my hand under his chin, push his jaw up, shutting his mouth.

"Um, Ross, are you okay?" I asked, moving some hair from his face. Mmm, his hair was so soft and fluffy. Like a cloud. I love it.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Tatum, I don't understand why you think that you're fat. You're gorgeous, I mean, look at you. You're rocking that swim suit," he complimented. I blushed, hardcore.

"Thank you," I said, faintly above a whisper. I leaned in and hugged him.

"C'mon, let's have some fun!" He shouted, lifting me over his shoulder. I laughed and pounded on his back. "Ouch!"

"Hey Tatum,"

"Yes Ross?"

"Can you swim?" He asked. I thought about that one. Yes, I can swim, but I have a feeling that he's gonna throw me in the pool, so no, I can't swim.

"No."

"Why do I get the feeling that you're lying to me?" He chuckled, pulling me off his shoulder. I shrugged.

"One, two-"

"No, Ross, I really can't swim!" I screamed, my voice filled with terror. Not because I can't swim, because I can, but because I didn't want to get throw into the ice cold pool water.

He grasped onto me tightly before I could fall. He pulled me into his chest, holding my petite little body. Well, as he calls it. I am a great actor!

"I'm sorry, Tatum," he cried. I nodded.

We stood there in silence for a minute until I leaned next to his ear and faintly whispered, "I got you good." Then I bolted away from him, over to Rocky. I jumped onto his back and he held me. Ross looked raged.

"Save me Rocky, you're my only hope. You're my hero," I cried. When Rocky heard the word hero, he sped away from Ross. He started getting slower as he ran out of breath.

"Sorry, I know I'm fat and I'm too heavy. You don't have to carry me anymore."

"Tatum, you are not fat. I'm only panting like a freaking dog because I just ran about six miles," he exaggerated. I giggled.

Then I felt somebody pry me off of Rocky's back. Shoot. I turned and saw a blonde dork that is so far, losing the challenge.

"Please don't kill me, I'm too young to die," I whined. Ross laughed and pulled me into a hug.

"Why would I kill my best friend? She's special."