Chapter 9: "Let's cheer you up."

Tatum's POV:
"Well dad, this is Ross, my . . . friend boy," I said, kind of hesitating. My father nodded, examining Ross for a moment, in deep thought. I sucked in a deep breath, hoping he doesn't embarrass me in any way.

"Oh. Is this the kid you have hung all over the walls in your room? Uh, Lynch, right?" Shoot. He had to go and say something. I sighed and rolled my eyes, randomly walking into the living room.

I sat down on the couch and placed my head in my hands. Yes, I'm so freaking embarrassed. He had to get up before we left. I wasn't ready for Ross to meet my dad, because I knew he was gonna say something. He always does. No wonder I don't have a boyfriend, or even just a boy that's a friend. He always ruins it. I can't stand that.

Yes, I love my father to pieces,  but he seriously needs to stop. I suddenly felt a hand on my back, rubbing gently up and down. I picked my head up and saw Ross sitting there, staring at me. I sighed and sat up straight.

"So I see you like watching me on TV," he chuckled. I giggled, wiping away a few stray tears that let loose on accident. We sat there for a few seconds, just staring immensely at each other.

I then quickly moved into his arms, feeling his warm embrace. I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck, as I hugged him tightly. He held me back, and that's when I felt okay again.

"Tatum, it's okay. I know you're embarrassed, but you shouldn't be. I think it's adorable that you have posters of me in your room. I love that you love me," he laughed, "My point is, you don't need to be embarrassed because of something your dad says. You're my friend, and there is nothing you, or somebody else could say or do to change the way I feel about you. I think you're an amazing young woman, and I don't think you see that. You're so beautiful, inside and out. And Tatum, you're one of my favorite people to hang out with because you're funny, and smart, and amazingly gorgeous. You need to stop putting yourself down so much, baby," he cooed.

And that's when I balled. My eyes were red and puffy as tears streamed out of them like a river. I was silent as they came out, but I was still in Ross's arms, where I knew I was safe. Is it sad that I just met him like two days ago, and I'm already crying to him? I needed to stop now.

I pulled away from the boy and stood up. I wiped my tears away and turned towards him. "Is my makeup running?" I frowned. He stood up next to me, and wiped under my eyes. He did that for a few and then pulled me into another hug.

After I was calm again, I asked Ross, "Can we go now?"

He nodded, grabbing my hand. We walked into the kitchen and I saw my mom and dad sitting at the table, talking. I frowned at my dad, and wrapped my arms around Ross, snuggling into his side.

"Sir, ma'am, I'm taking you daughter somewhere special to make her feel better. Is that okay with you?" Ross asked my parents. My mother nodded, thanking Ross. My dad didn't say anything, but Ross asked again just to be sure.

"Sir, is that okay with you? I wouldn't want to just take her without your permission."

My father nodded and I smiled up at blondie. He waved bye to my parents as did I, and we walked out to his car. He opened the passenger door for me and let me slid in.

He began leaning in, and when he did, I realized he was just buckling me up. My heart was racing and I could feel his warm breath on my lips and face. When he buckled me in, he left a little warm kiss on my forehead. I blushed so hard and he saw, smiled, and then walked to his side of the car.

He sat in his seat and turned on the car. He revved it up  a few times, causing me to smile at him. He laughed and then started off.

"Let's cheer you up."

--------
Hi! How is it? Comment, please! And does anybody ship #Ratum? I do!

Stay Rossome!
~Paige