Chapter 18. How did it end up like this?

School. Emil dreaded it. Just as the break seemed to be starting he already had to return to the school that he absolutely dreaded. This time, however, something was off. The couples of the school were getting more and more restless. People were pairing up with others and Emil didn't even know why. One moment someone would be single, the next they'd be making out with someone at the back of some supermarket.

"Right! Like, since Valentines day is coming up we, like, need to totes prepare! Our class is in charge of finding someone to, like, preform at the prom!" Felik's announced, the class once again didn't seem as interested as the male up front did. However, a shy girl sitting at the front out her hand up. Emil instantly recognised her as Lily, the younger sister to Basch, that one guy that shows up to school just so no one bullied Lily.

"Why the hell do we have so many parties and discos?" She questioned. Everyone in the class stared at her, the language she used, it was so unlike her. Emil sat at the back of the class, resting his head on his palm.

"Like, I don't know..." Felix mumbled, he was about to reply with some snappy mean girl's quote, but the bell rang indicating the lesson was now over. Emil sighed, then swung back on his chair, the form lesson was over and now break time was in full swing.

The break was fifteen minutes long and it was between the second and third lesson. Emil glanced over at Leon, who was texting away on his phone. The youth had explained at the end of the lesson he was going to speak to Emil privately

"Right, let's, like, go-" Leon was about to get out of his chair when the door slammed open to the classroom. Emil was somewhat startled until he realised that it was Michelle. Little did he know that he should now be terrified.

"HEY GUYS!" Michelle shouted, greeting them from the other side of the class, she had a mischievous look on her face. "Are you two going to go to the disco together? I mean you are together now, aren't you?" Michelle raised her voice with each word, indicating to the whole class of the situation between the two boys.

"What do you mean?" Emil questioned, his face red. How did she find out? It was practically impossible for her to know. Leon, on the other hand was sitting in his chair denying it without even speaking

"Emil, Leon, you guys are going out?" A female student questioned in the class. Felix overheard them squealed. "Oh wow, I totes support it guys!" The class was now bustling with questions and gossip. They wanted to know more about them, however, Emil nor Leon had confirmed that they were together. In the corner of his eye Leon could see Im Yong Soo glaring at Emil. Leon glared at him, then suddenly grew overprotective of the sliver haired male

"Emil let's go, like, speak now." Leon grabbed Emil's hand as he stood up and dragged the male down the hall and into the boys toilets. Leon dragged Emil into the bathroom stall and the two of them stood close together in the small stall.

Emil stood in front of the other awkwardly, the space between them was nonexistent as Emil was practically squished against Leon. The male was a bright red colour while Leon was holding him close, making sure that he didn't fall back onto the stall door. "S-So what did you want to talk about?" Emil questioned, a stutter in his sentence. Leon brushed the sliver hair back from Emil's forehead.

"I was going to, like, ask you to the prom, but now we have another, like, problem on our hands."

Emil could feel his heart beat, this was so awkward, the situation was awkward his reaction was awkward. "Y-Yeah, I know what you mean.. The whole class knows who's to say that no one else knows."

"I'm sure my family wouldn't mind..." Emil admitted, then looked up at Leon with a determined gaze. "And if they did well screw them, it won't change my mind." The silver haired boy explained. Leon smiled as Emil mumbled those words. "It won't change my mind if, like, teacher hated you. However, I get this, like, feeling that he doesn't." Leon reassured, recalling the words that Yao had told him previously.