Chapter 27. Don't Go Away Yet

A/N: I forgot to mention this in the last chapter (oops) but I'll mention it now! This fanfic is following the same path as my others meaning that this is going to take a twisted  turn peeps. That and I hope that I've been setting you up for this dark turn throughout this fanfic! I'm not sure of that myself ;A; Also! This is the last part or arc! And it's about to get complicated. In addition, because I felt so horrible about making you guys all wait I decided to publish two chapters at a time. Whoop!

(Enough of my blabbing let's begin)

--------

"Don't let go!" The small boy ordered, holding onto an even younger child. The two of them were running off to the top of a large hill, the darkness around them dispersed with each firework that was set off. "C'mon Li! You never run fast." The child pouted, he was so out of breath from having to carry the other.

The two children finally reached the top of the hill, just in time to watch the fireworks go off. The two children - wrapped up in woolly sweaters and thick clothes - were enthralled by the sight of the fireworks. Another year was now over, and instead of hiding away like Yao had told them too, they decided on sneaking out to watch the fireworks.

"Man, he's gonna be so annoyed da-ze." The older boy snickered, his gloved hand covering his mouth as he laughed. The other boy rolled his eyes then plopped himself down on the snow."Li! What have I told you about sitting in snow?"

"That it's, like, bad for you?"

"For a kid, you have a mouth on you.."

The two children were 'siblings' well at least that's what Yao had told them. Of course, the pair of children weren't even supposed to be out at the moment. The gang wars were still going strong, and of course, the two children could easily be used as bait for their older brother. Still, despite this, they found themselves enthralled with the night sky that was decorated with linings of bomb powder.

"We should go back. Imagine if Mei or Yao caught us, they'd be having a field day." The older of the pair scoffed as he recalled what happened the last time that he had managed to explore outside. The two had got so worried about him, though he had no idea why? He was only a child, but why would they want him?

"Arthur." The smaller boy muttered, then glanced down at the town below them. Almost hanging off the edge of the hill. "AH! LI XIAO CHUN WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Im Yong Soo scolded, running over to the smaller boy. He pulled the child towards him while still trying to find a good hiding spot.

"Come with me!"

-------

"Hide here." Mei ordered, she ruffled Im Yong Soo's hair while she herself turned around. Arthur had managed use Li as a way to attack Yao, and she wasn't going to allow the punk to get through the door. However, when she had turned around, the house seemed to already be in a state of disarray. With Yao screaming bloody murder at the top of his lungs, while Li was ripped from the arms of his older brother.

"Don't you dare touch him!" A young Mei screamed, running over to try and slap Arthur - who seemed to be still wearing his school uniform. 'What year was he in now?' Was the only thing that Mei could wonder, she knew that he had turned to a life of kidnapping and crime just because it's what then others were doing. Yet, she never would have believed that her own younger brother would be included in this mess.