Chapter 30. The Price Of Freedom.

Ruffled awake by the sound of an ominous laughter, Emil couldn't help but open his eyes slightly. He swore that the past few days had just been mishap after mishap. After his mind had been truly awakened from the confusing state his body was in - the teen glanced beside him, noticing that Leon seemed to be tied up in some chair. Whereas the two adults that were supposedly their guardians at the moment where across the room - sitting back to back on the floor. Their heads flopped forward as they were just as knocked out as Emil once was.

"Are Arthur and Francis finally knocked out?" A gruff voice inquired, causing Emil to glance upwards - his eyes focusing on the ominous darkness around him. "Took the poppets awhile, I was about to get tuckered out." Another, much sweeter, voice added. Emil tilted his head in the direction of the voice - listening in to the odd chatter that had come from the shadows.

"Does this mean you'll let Francois in here now?" A third - much more angered voice inquired. The second voice, which Emil had identified as the one belonging to the second player Arthur's quickly added another piece of practically useless information in. "Can I get my silly old body back too then?"

"Everyone, please listen up. We have managed to secure the last few members of this town, once they've been sent to our world then we can take their places here." That voice - it was Im-Yong-Soo's, Emil could practically hear the voice of the one he currently abhorred, emanate through the room.

Out of all the people that could have been the leader of the whole plan of operations, why him? Why did it just have to be the same teen that Emil had caught with his tongue down his lover's throat? At least, it made the action seem much more relevant: but he couldn't help the rage within him as he heard each word seep from this monster's mouth.

"What about Leon?" The gruff voice huffed. "Well we'll kill him, then he'll be gone to the other world too, of course." Im-Yong-Soo quickly replied.

'Otherworld?' Emil pondered what that could have meant. Unless they had managed to accomplish the same thing that Arthur had done, create something to connect all the worlds. Did that actually exist? Did that mean that there was an actual world where he could become Ciel Phantomhive and live out his days with Leon as Sebastian Thoughts like those were what kept Emil alive.

Placing those perverted thoughts to the side, Emil tried to shake off whatever was keeping him in the chair. If only he could reach the other men in the room - then he would be able to get out and save the other town inhabitants - he would be dubbed a hero and he could finally have Leon to himself. It would be the perfect happy ending and anyone that would ever read this story wouldn't get angry at the person narrating it.

The voices that were currently giving away all their plans were in the room beside, and judging by the location of the books, they had been locked up in the library. Perfect, just perfect. This all seemed to be going in the correct direction - until the getting caught part.

That didn't mean that Emil couldn't still continue in that direction, a bump in the road wasn't anything too dangerous, even though this situation was like a gigantic pothole in the ground Emil could traverse around it.

Yet, as he felt the ruffling of bodies around him, Emil would find himself taking a moment to recollect. This chapter in their sorry excuse for a story would prove a mishap waiting to happen. There was no other choice but to take a stand.

Yet how, how was he going to be able to so? He was simply Emil, a teen with sleep problems, that binge-watched shows on the weekends, and at a young age grew a crush on someone that only recently reciprocated said feelings.