Chapter 21. Surprise.

A/N + Disclaimer: This chapter is a long one. It came at a cost though... also please don't kill me for this ^^ happy reading!
---

The whole class was shocked when they saw Emil waltz back into the classroom. Leon's eyes widened while the teacher almost spat out the coffee currently swirling around in their mouth. The silver haired male looked at everyone with hazy eyes, he wasn't used to being woken up so early, and was even late because of it.

"E-Emil are you sure you're in the best condition for school?" The teacher questioned, obviously shocked by the male's return. The boy just scoffed "I'm fine, don't worry, I've had worse done to me before."

It was only earlier that day that Emil had managed to convince the hospital to discharge him, that wasn't as hard as trying to convince Tino to let him walk to school alone. He was certain that Berwald followed him all the way to the school entrance. Berwald was never that good at hiding, and even Emil noticed it at points. It wasn't the hiding part that was the problem. It was the fact that he couldn't sit in one position for long enough, also he was incredibly tall so he stuck out like a sore thumb.

Emil shuffled towards his seat at the back of the class, slumping down and placing his bag on the ground he noticed Leon staring at him with a blank look on his face.

"I didn't expect you to, like, be here." Leon mumbled. The youth glanced ahead, Emil looked at the other with a cheeky grin before clicking his knuckles.

"Neither did I, to be honest."

"Right children, can anyone guess what my problem is today?" The teacher asked, Lily placed her hand up quickly. The teacher's eyes widened, they slowly picked Lily who smiled softly. "Is your problem caused by your husband saying he was going out for a beer but that beer was three towns away and had a much bigger cleavage?"

Both Emil and Leon stayed quiet at that remark. Sure, this wasn't the first time Lily had said something remotely offensive but this was the first time she had said it to her teacher.

"Uh... I'll see you after class." The teacher sat back down, her hand over her head as she thought desperately for a response. Lily didn't seem bothered by it the girl shrugged as she pulled out a small book."It's true though. Big bruder said to always speak your mind so I do."

Emil rested back onto his chair. His spine relaxing into the stiff position of the chair. It was good to be back.

The class carried on as usual. The teacher droned on about the different rules of the dance tonight. Apparently the last dance during Halloween ended up with a bunch of first years getting incredibly drunk while Antonio, Francis, and Gilbert all began stripping to 'I'm too sexy for my shirt.' In Emil's opinion that sounded like a pretty amazing party. Leon on the other hand wondered if they actually taught anything at this school. It seemed that all he could recall was Felix ordering the class while the teacher scolded them for things.

Within a few minutes the teacher was done with her pointless revision of the school rules, that were going to be broken at the dance, and carried on with her actual job, teaching.

----

It wasn't long before lunch was upon the school. Im-Yong-Soo had ran into the room just seconds after the bell rang. He had passed the teacher, grabbed Leon and left the room. The teacher didn't even mind, it was her lunch break now so she was quickly out of the room. The silver haired make sitting at the back was in shock, what the hell had just happened?

Emil's eyes trailed the pathway that Leon was being dragged down. Im Yong Soo had rushed into the classroom and taken Leon out. The silver haired male couldn't help but be a bit curious as to where his lover was going. He couldn't even pay attention to the newly updated fanfic he was currently reading, no, this was serious.