Chapter seven

Michelle's POV

Ashton and I are currently sitting on my bed. Ashton is now going to explain everything to me. Although my aunt explained I still don't get it. I'm looking at anything but his eyes. I can see Ashton staring at me.

"Please look at me." He said. I ignored him and stared at my penguin.

"Just please explain." I said. I saw Ashton nod and he began to explain.

"Back when I was 10 you were 8, well just turned 8 since your birthday was the day after dad died, our dad would get drunk everyday. One day the hospital called. You answered. Then you gave it to mom. Mom started crying and she hung up. She told me that dad was in danger. Mom told me to stay with you, Lauren, and Harry. Lauren was 5 turning 6. Harry was 3 turning 4. I asked mom what was happening. She just told me dad was in danger. Mom left to the hospital leaving me in charge. Seven hours. Seven hours later mom came. She came home crying. She said," Oh honey." I asked what's wrong. You came and saw her crying. She then said something that changed everything. "Your dad.... He's gone." Both of us started crying."

Ashton paused for a little. He started crying and so did I. Ashton then continued.

"You stopped eating. You never came out of your room. Harry and Lauren stopped going to school. I also stopped eating and I wouldn't even get up. Two weeks later we were all back to normal. You started eating. But not as much. Not like before. We were all better. That was when you left to America when you were 14. You went to high school over there. You said you were going to call me and Skype me but you never did. I was sad. Everyone was sad because you never called. It's also our faults because we didn't call you." Ashton stopped again.

We wiped our tears. I looked into his eyes. I never called or called him on Skype. I feel so bad. He continues.

"When I was 17 I met Luke. We were like brothers. Luke introduced me to Calum and Michael. We all started a YouTube channel. We did covers. We made our own songs. One day we went to the park and started singing there. Lots of people crowed us and then this changed everything. A man in a suit came to us. He gave us a card saying," you guys have amazing voices. You have talent. You should stop by. I'd love to sign you up." We got happy and that was our big break. We accepted and then like 5 months later we're famous. We went on tour with One Direction. We are on break for the holidays. I was happy until I heard that a tornado hit America. My mom was sad and so was everyone. I thought something happened to you. Five months later I heard my mom and aunt Elizabeth talking. Aunt Elizabeth said you were back. She also said not to say anything and to give you space and time. But now we are here. Me explaining everything." Ashton finished.

I quickly hugged Ashton. I'm crying. I never thought this would happen. Ashton hugs back and we were there crying and hugging each other. I really feel bad and sad. I didn't know I have a sister and two brothers. I didn't even call them. I hugged Ashton tighter and cried harder.

"Michelle-" I hear my uncle say. We pull away and wipe our tears.

"Sorry to interrupt." My uncle said.

"No. It's okay." I said.

"Your mom is here." He said. I nodded and he left.

"Let's go." I said.

Ashton nodded and we walked downstairs. I saw Harry. Lauren and my mom. I ran to my mom and hugged her tightly. I started crying again.

"I'm sooo sorry." I cried.

"I'm sorry about everything. Especially Ashton. But I missed you guys." I said.

We all got into this family group hug and we pulled away. We sat on the couch.

"I'm guessing Ashton told you." My mom said.

"Yeah. He told me everything. Once agin. I'm sorry." I said.

"It's okay. You're here now. That's the important thing right now." Ashton said.

I smiled and we started talking about what happened over the years.

----------

6 days. 6 days till Christmas. Then 9 days till my birthday. I haven't bought any Christmas gifts for anybody. I need to buy a lot. I'm at the mall right now by myself. The boys had to do something at the record studio. My aunt and uncle are somewhere. My mom is with her friends. My brother is with his friends and Lauren is with her friends. I'm lonely. Oh well.

Either way I wanted some alone time.

Time to shop.

I bought Ashton 2 pairs of joggers, 2 pairs of black skinny jeans, and 2 new drum sticks. Plus 5 tickets to an Twenty One pilots concert. Honestly I didn't know what to get Ashton so I got him all of that. I'm such a terrible sister. I got Luke an ATL CD, Hot Topic gift card, a stuffed penguin and a new guitar. Michael is getting a stuffed lion, blue hair dye, and a blink 182 CD. Calum is getting 2 beanies, 2 tank tops and 5 tickets to an ATL concert. I know Calum LOVES All Time Low.

Beck is getting a skateboard, a beanie, and a green day cd. I'm getting tom 2 pairs of leggings, a flower crown, and a pink hoodie. I bought Lauren 2 dresses, 3 skinny jeans, and perfume. Harry is getting 2 new video games, and an Ariana Grande poster.

My mom is getting a cook book, a mother and daughter necklace (obviously the daughter one is for me) and a purse. My aunt Elizabeth is getting a necklace as well, an MK purse and perfume.

Lastly, my uncle Dave is getting the movie Insidious 1 and 2, Michael Jackson poster and a guitar.

I bought all of those things and went home. I grabbed some of the bad and went inside. Good. Nobody is home. I went to my room and put the bags in my closet. When I put everything in my closet I went to the store to buy wrapping paper. I got 5 rolls since my family might need some.

I went back home and as I went inside I saw Luke. Luke was sitting on the couch staring at the ceiling.

"Um... Hi." I said. Luke's head shot up and he smiled.

"Hey." He said. Luke got up and grabbed the bags.

"So... What's up?" I asked. It was awkward since it's us two. Alone.

"Just waiting for you." Luke said. I looked at him so confused.

"I wanted to tell you something." He said.

"Go on. I'm listening." I said.

"Well I hope you don't get mad or ignore me." He said.

"Promise." I said.

"Okay..... Um I don't know how to say this but...." He started off.

Then the next thing shocks me.

"Um.... I like you Michelle."