Somehow (Paul imprint story) Ch 1

Somehow, life just never goes the way you want it to...

...Never...

I sighed and stare blankly out the window of a room that used to be mine, just awhile ago.

“Mavis...sweetie, um...Please c-come downstairs...”

I froze.

Please, no, not these words again...I can’t, not anymore...

I forced myself to swallow the tears that were choking me inside and inhaled three times. A small smile was already plastered on my face, prepared for the same old speech.

“Coming, Aunt Dania” I replied as cheerfully as I could manage. I travelled slowly down the stairs, dreading the moment of my nightmare. 

“Macy, have a seat.” Aunt Dania mumbled nervously as soon as she saw me.

I paused in my track.

Macy? How sweet, even though she will be kicking me out in the next few minutes. Oh well, I never liked that nickname anyway...

“Um...listen here, sweetie. I am...having some t-trouble with money a-“My aunt began and was interrupted by me. “Aunt Dania, you want me to move?”

She stared at me in shock, leaving her mouth hanging open. “I...I...Mav-“I moved in closer towards her and whispered, “Don’t bother, Aunt. When do you want me to go?” Dania sighed and watched me with pity in her eyes. I turned my head, refusing to set my eyes on that too-familiar face. “If you could, dear, would you be able...by tomorrow afternoon?”

I looked up and shot her a bitter smile, “Of course, Dania.”

Locking the over-flowing tears in my eyes, I turned away calmly and moved up the stairs before I do anything out of control. I swung my door open and began searching wildly for my iPod.

Music...I need my music...Music...

I pushed the earphones into my ear and took a huge breathe. Closing my eyes, I let myself flow with the music and my anger slowly faded away. I laid my head on the cold, hard floor and pretend that nothing had happened.

I blinked and reality hit me again.

Folding the last piece of clothing into my suitcases, I took a last glance at this room which housed me for three weeks.

Almost a personal record...

I laid on the now-foreign bed and drift off to a troubling sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, this is my new imprint story. I hope you like it, please give me some feedbacks and vote! :)

Thanks for reading.