Somehow (Paul imprint story) Ch 15

Mavis’s POV

“Paul...You okay?” I mumbled and gave him a gentle shake. “Paul?”

“Huh? Oh...yeah, I’m fine. Never been better. Absolutely fine.”

I watched in gawk as Paul babbled on and on about being fine and all but then I started to worry about Aidan again.

“Paul, have you seen Aidan?” I asked bluntly.

Paul raised his head slowly and frowned as if he forgotten something, then suddenly a sheepish look formed on his face. He put his hands behind his neck and mumbled something under his breath.

“Have you?” I questioned again, getting slightly impatient.

“Um...about that...I think he might still be at the store...” Paul admitted, looking embarrassed.

I gasped and stared at Paul.

“Well, I didn’t tell him t-“

I shook my head, “What’s the address? I am going to go find him myself.”

“You can’t, Mavis. Not with that arm. Plus, you don’t know your way around La Push either.” He remarked as he got up from the step, turned around and bends down to gently pick me up from the ground.

I struggled a little and gave up soon once my arm got tired.

“I will go find himself, okay? You just stay in the house and rest.” Paul continued endlessly and he pushed open the door to deliver me onto the couch. “Move over, Jared. Look after Mavis for me. Mavi, I will go and find him now and stay out of the wood.”

Paul gave me a last meaningful look before he turned on his heels and rushed out the door.

I sighed and lay back onto the couch.

Mavi. There’s the nickname again...

Paul’s POV

I ran quickly into the forest and phased into my wolf-form. I growled to myself as I replayed the image of a worried Mavis.

Focus, Paul...

I pushed myself harder, annoyed at the fact that Mavis cared so much about someone else.

If it weren’t for Mavis, I would never come back for...what’s his name? Aidan...

As soon as I arrived, I phased back in a hurry, eager to return to Mavis. As much as I hate the thought of Aidan and Mavis together, the anxious look on Mavis was enough to pain me.

This imprint stuff...sure is crazy...

I barged into the store and began searching for Aidan. With my patient running out, I had to constantly remind myself that I am doing all these for Mavis. Mavis, my imprint.

I slowed down and took some deep breather, learning and trying to take control of that red, angry flame beneath my heart. I will have control that anger and be more patient so I won’t hurt Mavis. I’ve seen what Sam did to Emily and I don’t want that happening to my beautiful Mavis.

As I concentrate on Mavis’s soft brown curls, a smile began to form on my face and I, too began to relax. I started wandering down the aisle and sighed when I saw a man with a familiar face.

Aidan’s POV

When I saw Paul coming towards me, I sighed in relief.

Maybe I won’t be lost anymore...Maybe...

“Mavis wants you back.”

That got my full attention.

“How is she?” I asked as I raced through the cashier and paying for the items. I took the bags and nodded my thanks.

“Why didn’t you paid before?”

I glared at him, “Because since I didn’t know where to go, I might as well as hang around the store. Now, I want to see Mavis.”

“Fine.” Paul glared back.

I led him to my car and he drove us back to the house, during the whole time, Mavis was the only thing on my mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is chapter 15 and I hope you enjoyed it. :)

Please vote and comment. I would love to know your views on my stories. Thanks.