Somehow (Paul imprint story) Ch 10

• Dedicated to Aidan B~ a friend that I will never forget...

Aidan’s POV

“Come this way.”

I followed Paul closely, hoping that he would be able to help me find Mavis.

“Ahem...is this...um...” Paul muttered, clearly uncomfortable as he pointed towards the sofa. “What you are looking for?”

I moved towards the sofa suspiciously, feeling rather nervous about the whole situation.  I took one quick peek behind the sofa back and almost choked.

“Mav-vis?”

I heard Paul sighed from a distant and I stopped to stare at him before I rushed over to the other side so I can get a better view of Mavis. Stoned by this view, all I could to do was stand next to Mavis and wondered how she got here.

“So she is Mavis? The family member you are looking for?”

I turned my head and gazed at him, noticing the bitterness in his words.

“Do you doubt my words?”

Paul just continued to look at me without saying a word.

I returned my focus back onto Mavis, watching as she stirred in her troubled sleep. Her badly bruised arm was obviously disturbing. I swore under my breath as I took another look at her now swollen hand.

“What the hell happened to you...Call me a clownfish, now your arm looks a puffer-fish?” I muttered to myself as I got up, in search for some ice.

“What do you want?”

His words were harsh and I spare him a brief glance, not bothering with the reason that Paul seemed to hate me so much. I only wanted to help, Mavis the puffer-fish to shrink back to normal.

“In-puffering.” I mumbled and couldn’t help but let out a slight smirk as his face twisted in confusion.

Ha, my new word invention. In-puffering...

Mavis would love this one, if only she is awake...

However, that thought alone was enough to wipe the smirk off my face and dragged me back to the harsh reality where Mavis still laid unconscious. Paul glared at me and disappeared around the corner while I was still searching for a towel of some sort. After my few fail attempts, I decided to ask for Paul’s help. Not that I wanted to, but Mavis was in need.

“Do you have any towels here?” I questioned, trying to locate where he was.

“No.” Came my brief reply. “Although you can get some new ones from the store.”

Paul suddenly emerged again and threw me a piece of paper which landed on the floor. I glared at him, but forced myself to bent and pick it up anyway.

For Mavis...

There were directions written on the torn page. I read over it a few times and looked at Mavis.

Well, obviously he isn’t going to provide me any help so I might as well as save you myself...

I nodded, “Hopefully Mavis will still be here when I come back.”

With one last look at Mavis and her puffer-fish arm, I took off to follow Paul’s directions.

Paul’s POV

Finally...Got rid of him...

I placed myself next to Mavis, just glad to be able to sit next to her and at least knowing her name.

“Mavis.” I whispered and gently touched her angelic face.

My imprint...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, this is late. I had some trouble with uploading yesterday and as I said before, tests and homeworks...

So I apologize for the late posting lately and in the future, please understand that I do have quite a lot of school works at the moment. :(

I would write and post as soon as I could though!

Please vote and comment! I would love you know your fav part in thich chapter! :D

Thanks for reading!