Somehow (Paul imprint story) Ch 14

Mavis’s POV

I sighed in relief as I was finally able to slip away from the crowd of high-temperature boys. I crossed the living room with ease, since all the boys were glued to the seat and staring at the television blindly.

I wandered away to the kitchen and found Emily and Sam together, sweetly making dinner for the rest of us. I smiled slightly at the sight of them, moving slowly past them and out to the back of the house. Trying hard to overcome the difficulties with opening the door, I felt the pain tingling up my arm and to my shoulder.

“Ouch!” I whimpered in pain, sighing in frustration and defeat.

Paul’s POV

I stood still and silent, straining my ear to listen for the noises and movements that came from Mavis. My original plan was to get out of the house...or rather away from Mavi...so that I could clear my mind a little and made sense of my slightly rattled life right now.

Except...my mind seems to be disagreeing.

Every time, I gathered enough courage to head for the forest, a tiny noise from Mavis was all I needed to send my body back at the door. I sighed and leaned against the door, hanging my head and trying to calm my abnormal heartbeat and breathing.

“Ouch!”

Immediately, I snapped out of my daze and bounced off the door onto my feet. I pushed the door open as gently as I could and found Mavi standing there, glaring at me softy while cradling her injured arm. I send her a small smile in return.

“Nice to see you too, sunshine!” I greeted cheerfully but my voice was just loud enough for her to hear.

“Don’t call me sunshine.” Mavi muttered and walked past me, placing herself on the step of the door.

I moved in beside her which earned me another one of her cute glares.

That was my fifth glare from Mavis today...I should start a collection of them.

Mavis’s POV

“What are you doing out here? You are sick, Mavi. You should be inside. I mean, what if you caught another cold? That’s not good for your weak little fragile body. And if you get wors-“

Paul paused to look at me and I smacked my good hand in front of my face.

Somehow, despite all my efforts to ignore him, Paul still managed to get his messages across to my exhausted mind.

“And if you get worse, I would be really w-“

He stopped for real this time and bit his lips then quickly turned his head towards the forest.

Amazing...Paul can stop his ongoing speech...

“Paul?” I questioned, placing my hand on his bare and muscular arm. Something must be wrong with Paul if he can suddenly stop himself from drowning me with words of warning.

No response from Paul...

Confused at his strange gesture, I started to gently shake his shoulder and was stunned when I felt a wave of heated tingles sparked up my arm and into my body.

Paul’s POV

I bit hard on my lips, mumbling to myself slowly in hope that Mavis will soon take her smooth, delicate hand off my shoulder. The intense heat that her hand was causing on my body was so extreme that it reminded me of my first transformation as a wolf.

I felt the hungry urge to just grab her by her shoulder so that I could kiss her on her luscious lips. I forced myself to swallow and controlled that urge while the continuous tingles sparked up and down my arm.

Ugh....stupid imprinting....Control...

My breathing became heavy as I took in mouthful of air, calming the frantically-working heart and lungs.

At this very moment, I knew that there are two things that I really wanted to do. One, it’s to tell Mavis how much I love her and that she is my one and truly imprint. While the other one being able to hug Mavis tightly around me and feel her right with me.

Except...I cannot do both of them. I wouldn’t be able to tell Mavis now. I haven’t said anything to her and still, I received those glares. I can’t imagine what of happen if Mavi found out about the pack and imprinting. What’s worse she might not even believe me and run away.

Also, I wouldn’t be able to give her a kiss or a hug even though the urge to do so was enormous. I took another deep breath and forced a weak smile on my face.

...Mavis....Do you know how much I love you?

.....Of course not.....

I let out a sigh and buried my face in my hands.

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please vote and comment! I enjoyed reading comments from you guys!

Thanks again and please, it would be lovely if you guys can help me by voting the two stories that I entered for the 2011 Watty Award.

The two stories are:

You heal her broken heart and I heal yours, but then...you broke mine (Jacob Black imprint story)

&

Sunshine Heartbeat (Seth Clearwater imprint story)

For those that had already read  these stories and voted, a big thank you from me to you! Thanks guys! :D :D