Somehow (Paul imprint story) Ch 16

Mavis’s POV

“Aidan!”  I exclaimed, surprised at my sudden outburst. I rushed forward and gave him a hug. Aidan looked surprised and hugged me tighter in return. Where have you been?”

Aidan sent me a bitter smile and led me to a chair close by, “Around.”

I was about to ask further questions when he stopped me, “So, how are you? Is your arm feeling better? You...think maybe it’s time for us to leave?”

Leave...We should be, shouldn’t we?

Strange though...I feel as if I am at home...A real home.

“I...”

What am I suppose to say? We shouldn’t be staying here, but why do I feel so attached to this place?

I felt Aidan’s sudden gentle gaze on me and felt that he actually truly care, like I was a part of his family. I felt...like I was his sister.

Paul’s POV

“So, how are you? Is your arm feeling better? You...think maybe it’s time for us to leave?”

I started to tremble and Jared quickly put a hand on my shoulder, reminding me to control myself. The pack and I sat silently as we waited for Mavis’s reply.

Please...Mavi....

Sam’s words suddenly replayed in my mind.

“Imprinting is unpredictable. The imprinter will become whoever his imprintee needs him to be. It may not always be a romantic relationship, what the imprintee needed most at that time might be a friend or a protector.”

I gripped onto the hard steel of the chair. It can’t be. I can feel it in my heart that we are destined to be lovers. I knew it won’t just be a friend or brother o-

“I...”

I watched as my knuckle became white from the pressure of my grip. I heard Sam and Emily’s footsteps as they approached to the rest of the pack.

“I...I am not sure, Aidan. I don’t think I should move around top much with my arm like this. Maybe we can discuss this tomorrow? I am very...tired right now.”

I relaxed my grip a little as Mavis yawned and then I felt guilt creeping up my mind for listening to Mavis’s ‘private’ conversation with Aidan.

Well, it’s not like I meant it...and the pack and I can’t help it if we have super-hearings.

“True, we don’t want to make you arm worse by moving you too much. Although, maybe we should find a hotel or some sort of accommodations here. We can’t stay here for a nig-“

Aidan’s voice was suddenly interrupted by Emily’s voice.

“Hello Mavis, this must be Aidan. I am Emily, nice to meet you. I am sure you are all tired; you twos are welcome to stay for the night. In fact, you should stay with us for the weekend. La Push is having a bonfire on Saturday. How does that sound?”

I turned around and was shocked to see that the pack and Sam were the only ones left in the room. I gave them a weak smile and mumbled a small thanks to Sam for Emily’s help.

A weekend...Can I persuade Mavis to stay in La Push?

Mavis’s POV

“Hello Mavis, this must be Aidan. I am Emily, nice to meet you. I am sure you are all tired; you twos are welcome to stay for the night. In fact, you should stay with us for the weekend. La Push is having a bonfire on Saturday. How does that sound?”

I grinned joyfully at Emily who just saved me from a difficult situation. “Sure, Aidan and I are delighted to join the bonfire. Thank you very much Emily, for offering us a place to stay for the weekend.”

“But Mav-“Aidan tried suggesting but was stopped by me.

“No buts, Aidan. I haven’t had my dose of fun lately and a bonfire would just do the trick!” I announced gleefully, beaming at Aidan who, in turn, was frowning at me.

“Come on. Cheer up!” I laughed, wondering why I felt so blissful in this extraordinary house and when was the last time that I laughed so freely, so contented with life and without a single worry in life.

Even though this feeling might not last forever in reality, it will soon, as a scarce part of my pleasant memories.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment! :D