Somehow (Paul imprint story) Ch 11

Paul’s POV

Finally...Got rid of him...

I placed myself next to Mavis, just glad to be able to sit next to her and at least knowing her name.

“Mavis.” I whispered and gently touched her angelic face.

My imprint...

Mavis’s POV

I opened my eyes and blinked as I tried hard to clear my fuzzy mind.

Where am I?

I tried moving my hands but failed as a jab of pain travelled up my arm. I blinked again, whining when I tried to sit up. I felt my left hand moved and froze as I came into contact with something firm and wonderfully warm. A rush of warmth suddenly entered my body and I pulled back immediately.

W-what was that?

I clasped my eyes shut again and inhaled, calming my uneven breath. I breathe in slowly and exhaled again. And just as I finished convincing myself that it was all my imagination, I felt yet another soft tinge trailing on the side of my face.

No...Not again...

My eyes burst opened and I flinched, causing a quiet whine from beside me. I sat up in an instant and felt the pain, but I ignored it as I quickly searched around the room.

“Ouch!” A deep husky voice muttered, “You got a damn good reflex.”

Shocked, I felt a continuous line of flutters inside my body from this strangely familiar voice.

Who...what...Where am I?

“A-Aidan?” I questioned with my crackling voice, knowing my body is in desperate need of a glass of cold and refreshing liquid.

“Mavis...Wait, don’t move. I will get you a glass of water.”

I felt the pain in my head and moaned quietly from frustration.

That’s not Aidan...His voice...is different...

Paul’s POV

“A-Aidan?” Mavis’s weak voice called out and I rapidly recovered from her reflex hit earlier on.

Aidan...Seriously? Come on, not him again...

Half panicking, I slide around the floor of the couch and stood up.

“Mavis...Wait, don’t move. I will get you a glass of water.”

I growled to myself and sighed, knowing that once Mavis’s mind is clear, there will be questions. Hopefully, Aidan won’t be back so soon so I would have time to explain my side of the story.

I poured a glass of water and held it by the mouth of the tall glass, not wanting to heat up the water with my unusually hot temperature.

Making my way back towards Mavis, I placed the glass into her hands without making any contacts with her skin.

“Drink it, Mavis.” I mumbled gently, not wanting to scare her.

I sat on a chair opposite Mavis with a safe distinct between the two of us. I whined as her curiously gaze bored intensely into my soul, causing me to look away.

Mavis looked down and stared absently into the water, then returned her gaze at me. I gave her a nod, urging her to take a sip. “Come on...It’s safe...”

That seemed to convince her and I watched as she took a small sip, followed by another and another until there were no liquid left in the glass.

I sighed in relief and waited patiently as Mavis regained her breath.

“Who are you?” Her voice was cold and there were no emotions on her beautiful face.

I stiffed a cough and took a breath, not enjoying this as our first proper conversation.

“Paul Lahote, nice to meet you.” I grinned at her, hoping that it would help ease the tension. I held my hand out, longing for a touch of her hand.

She looked at me and shook it carefully, “Mavis Ruiz...How did you know my name?” Mavis suddenly snapped and quickly took her hand away. I tried not to look disappointed and sent her a playful smirk instead...which she didn’t take very well.

Um...Dammit! I had never been good with lies...

“I...I...I know because you just told me...” I murmured and avoided her confused, brown eyes.

“No...You knew it even when I haven’t said anything...Paul...” She stated, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

She probably doesn’t even realise how cute she looks right now...

Hearing my name come out of her mouth made me realised how much I want her, but one look at her face tells me that I would have a long journey to get Mavis to fully trust me.

I shook my head at her and sighed, partly for the show and partly because I needed to find a way to get out of this topic. Mavis sent me a glare and a few stands of her brown hair found their way onto her face. As she tried to remove it from her eyes, I moved swiftly in front of her and stopped her, which caused her to send me another one of her harsh glares.

“Don’t. Look at the size of your arm...” I whispered and Mavis looked down.

To my amazement, a small chuckle came out from her arm. “I looked like a puffer-fish...”

I frowned, remember what Aidan said about ‘puffering’.

They seem closer than I thought they were.

Mavis was then trying to blow her own hair back into place and I laughed as she failed to do so. She looked at me and scowled which only cause me to laugh more.

“Here.” I said and gently tucked her soft curls back into position.

Calm down...Paul...

My heart was pumping a little too fast and I quickly sat on my hands.

“I could’ve done it myself, you know!” Mavis argued and focused on her swollen arm.

“Really?”

Mavis looked up and shot a small angelic smile which I gladly accepted.

Maybe things are working out for us...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, finally got this one up...So tired...12:45 am...

Hope you enjoyed this one, cos I certainly did. :P

Sorry for the late post but you know my reasons! :)

See you soon!