Somehow (Paul imprint story) Ch 18

Paul’s POV

“So...you want me to distract Aidan for the day?” Jared confirmed while the rest of the pack nodded. “But, why?”

I sighed to myself.

Quil then proceed to step forward, beaming like the sun. “Bro, you weren’t here when Paul explained it to us. You should’ve seen the look on his face. It was classic!”

Jared had his confused look on his face and I was about to answer his question when Jacob decided to interrupt this time.

“There is only one reason to explain Paul’s evil little plan and that would be...” Jake smirked at me and I clenched my fists, regaining my patient.

“Mavis! Who else?” Embry declared cheerfully and punched me playfully on the arm.

I sent him a glare in reply.

Suddenly, Jared finally understood everything and nodded in agreement. “Sure. No problem, man.”

I nodded my thanks to Jared and he shook his head nervously.

“Umm...One more question. What am I suppose to do to distract that big guy?”

I hung my head down in disbelief and mumbled quietly to myself.

“I am sure you will figure something out, just makes sure he is with you till the bonfire...Please”

“He said...PLEASE!” Quil mocked, “You have to help him, Jared.”

--------------------------------------------------------------

“Mavis, I was wondering if you would like to do something with me before the bonfire. I can show you around La Push if you like and we can go to the beac-“

Mavis placed her beanie on her head and fixed those sweet curls of hers.

“I’ll come. When are we going?” She replied, looking at me with those innocent, brown eyes.

I beamed, “Whenever you want!”

Mavi smiled happily and gushed with excitement. “How about now? Oh and can Aidan come along? I’m sure he would love to see the beach as well!”

I coughed slightly and almost choked in surprise.

Even though I expected Aidan might be a problem, I didn’t expect Mavis to invite him along.

“Um...sure, if he is free.” I muttered and looked away; hoping Jared would keep to his words.

“Great! I will go back and see if Aidan is in the room.”

I nodded with a grin plastered on my face. Once Mavis was out of the view, I let out a gigantic yawn and dropped to the sofa.

So tired...Need. To. Sleep.

I shook my head and slapped myself on the face to wake up. I can’t fall asleep just when Mavis agreed to go on a date with me.

Okay...Maybe she doesn’t know...But anyway...

Slowly, I couldn’t help but closed my eyes. I assured myself that it was only a small break and started to relax. However, I was interrupted by a whack on the head. I opened my eyes and saw Jared smirking at me.

“I wonder why you look so tired, Paul. You had no night patrol yesterday and we didn’t have a meeting. Hmm...Maybe, just maybe it has to do with the fact that you stayed awake the whole night yesterday, gawking at Aidan to make sure he doesn’t do anything...unusual, as you put it.”

I glared at him and buried my head in a pile of cushions.

“Jared, have you alre-“

“Yes, Mr Lahote. I have already asked him before anyone else can. Does that make you feel better?”

I mumbled a quiet thank from the piles of cushions, knowing Jared would have heard it. I felt a sink on the sofa and I groaned to myself.

“How did last night went then, huh?”

I could hear the burning curiosity that Jared was trying so hard to keep hidden. I knew that the rest of the pack would want to know more too, but unfortunately, they won’t be able to, not unless I can help it.

“Clue us in, bro. The pack wants to know how you two are hanging along.” Jared tried again while I tried hard to keep myself from falling asleep.

“Good Night.”

Jared snorted and patted my shoulder, “Good try. Oh, hey Mavis!”

I raised my head immediately, hearing the name of my imprint. My heart flattered at the hope of meeting her angelic face but all I could see was the bare, white wall. Jared started to choke on his laughter and I sent him a slow, deep growl as a warning and watched as he rushed out the door as fast as he can.

Soon after Jared left, Mavis came into view, looking disappointed.

“Aidan said that he has to do something with Jared today before the bon fire. So...”

I grinned cheerfully at Mavis while Mavis scowled grudgingly at me.

“So it will only be the two of us! Now, won’t that please you?”

The scowl remained on her face but I noticed a small smile was forming on the corner of Mavis’s mouth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading and I am sorry this took so long to upload, I was busy with the holidays.

I wish you guys the best in 2012 and I hope you all had a great start to the year! :D