Somehow (Paul imprint story) Ch 5

Mavis’s POV

La Push...

Of all my experiences of moving, never have I travelled to a place without knowing at least a name or a house number...

And now, I am stuck in a car with this stranger. A so-called ‘homeless’ stranger!

How dar-

“Um...so, you didn’t tell me before...why did you come find me?” Aidan finally laid out the question that I was dreading. “I...I don’t mean to sound so sudden but...it’s been like what, 15 minutes without any talking or laughter. I really can’t contain myself any longer...J-just take it as my nature...”

Clearly, he wasn’t comfortable and relax like before and this had always been a sensitive subject for me. Usually when a question like this appeared in my few conversations with others, I would just shrug it off and drowns myself into the soft melody of the music.

 But this time, it seemed different.

I wasn’t sure if it was because of the way he introduced the topic or if it was just due to the fact that I was too stuns at this whole journey altogether.

 I burst out laughing. I couldn’t help it; it was almost as if I lost control. Lost control of something that I have been forcing myself so hard to bury.

“Your nature and laughter? What are you? A clownfish?” I exclaimed and turned my body to face him.

For the first time since the past hours, I studied his face in details. Aidan had a handsome face; his dark hair looked almost black from a distance was messily gelled up. In his brownish eyes, a cheeky spark is visible whenever he smiles, like now.

A bright smile instantly appeared on his once frowning face, suiting his personality a lot more. It just doesn’t seem right for Aidan to be frowning or worrying about something at all.

“A clownfish? Where did you come up with that? Pathetic!” He screeched, beaming at the fact that he got me laughing. “I say, you...you are...”

“I am what? Say it.” I challenged, glancing at him briefly before searching for my iPod again.

Ha! Found it.

I looked up and was surprised that Aidan still hadn’t provided his comeback. His face was suddenly serious with a hint of sadness behind his eyes.

A look that I am too familiar with...

“Aidan?” I questioned gently, noticing the unusual silence. Especially since a few seconds ago, he was just telling me that he can’t live without talking or laughing for longer than 15 minutes.

For the next few minutes, the abnormal silence continued and I soon plugged my earphone into my ear, disappearing into my own perfect world.

That is, until Aidan opened his mouth and mumbled in a dull voice.

“You know, my sister used to call me names like that too.”

I took my earphones out and listened without a sound, waiting quietly for the next part.

Though it never came...

So to break the silence, I allowed myself to ask one question.

 One dangerous question.

“What’s her name?”

Shocking me for the fourth time today, Aidan pulled over and turned the engine off.

“Evangeline. She was called Evangeline, but I called her Eva.” He continued his voice soft and delicate. “She hated it, never liked her full name. Even though everyone else called her that.”

Called. Hated. Liked.

I inhaled sharply, knowing what’s coming next.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, this is chapter 5 and I am sorry if the pack still haven't appear...It's just that with this story, I want to put in everything. So please forgive me if you are dying to see Paul.

I need to clear things out before going further into the story.

I really hope you guys don't find this extremely boring...

Please do comment and if you could, share you fav part of the story with me. Last time, a reader did that, I was so so happy! :D

P.S Next chapter should be out tomorrow.

Thanks for reading!