Somehow (Paul imprint story) Ch 17

Aidan’s POV

“Mavis and Aidan, I am sorry but there are only one free room for you two to stay. I hope you don’t mind staying in the same room for a night. I promise I will get things sorted tomorrow.”

I stared at the small room and my gaze landed on the blow-up mattress which was placed about a metre away from the single bed. If by any chance that Mavis agrees to this, there will be no blow up mattress for me. I cringed to myself as I replayed my last encounter with one.

Don’t want that happening again...

I waited patiently for Mavis’s reply. In this situation like this, I shouldn’t say much.

“No problem, Emily. We don’t want to trouble you. Thank you again for letting us stays.” Mavis replied politely.

Emily nodded her head and smiled. “Alright then, if you need anything, just ask. Sam has already placed your suitcase and Aidan’s bag near the bedsides table. Goodnight, guys.”

“Goodnight, Emily.”

“Nigh, Emily.”

We answered at the same time as Emily closed the door gently.

Once I made sure the door was shut, I turned around and jumped onto the bed. Instantly, closing my eyes and pretended to snore loudly. “My bed.”

Mavis glared at me and crossed her arms, looking annoyed. “Shouldn’t you act more like a gentleman and let the lady take the bed?”

I attempted to snore even louder.

There were no sounds or movement coming from Mavis until I felt a heavy thump on my stomach.

“Argh.” I yelled and sat up immediately to found that Mavis’s fully filled water bottle had landed on my stomach. Hard.

I returned one of her glares from earlier on and threw the bottle right back at her, shaking my head in mock disappointment.

“Evil.”

Mavis chuckled and turned back to sorted out her suitcase while I hunted for my tooth brush in my bag.

Once I gathered all that I need, I wandered out to find the bathroom, knowing perfectly well that once I return, Mavis would have claimed my bed already. I shook my head slightly, dreading the air bed already.

-----------------------------------------

The door was half opened and I peered in to see that Mavis, as I predicted had already placed herself comfortably onto my bed. I sighed as I packed my things away and then slowly climbed on to the dreadful air bed.

Mavis turned around and smirked at me, “Your bed, hey?”

I scowled at her and muttered a small shut up while Mavis laughed evilly at my weak defence.

Being with Mavis always reminded me of my little sister. Their personalities were so alike and they even had the same glowing smile. I had to constantly remind myself that the girl in front of me was not Eva but one called Mavis.

I turned to my back and tried to sleep when suddenly multiple of questions strike me.

“Mavis, I need to ask you something...”

I made the effort to turn to faced her and studied her face carefully from a distance. Hopefully, my question won’t trigger her uncontrollable emotions.

Mavis nodded her head to encourage me while her brown eyes widen with curiosity.

 “I was just wondering...why you seemed so happy and at ease here with all these...”

Mavis’s POV

“I was just wondering...why you seemed so happy and at ease here with all these...”

There was an awkward silence hanging in the air and I coughed nervously to cut the tension.

“I...just feel more...relax...I guess. That’s all.” I tried to explained but the truth was I don’t even know why I feel so calm here.

“Right...No explanation?”

I shook my head, getting slightly irradiated and it’s not because of his questions, it’s because of my lack of answers to his questions. Aidan nodded slowly and continued with his questions.

“You know...I was thinking maybe I should go back to my family...”

I looked up, shocked to hear such news.

“But...I was thinking maybe you...can come with me. I am sure my family would love you since you are so-“

Aidan paused and bit his lips.

“So what?”

“Nothing. But as I was saying, would you like to come with me to visit my family? You always wanted to be a part of a family, now you can join mine.” Aidan blabbled on and stared at me for my reaction.

I took in all these wild information bit by bit and the though swirl around in my head, making me feel light-headed and dizzy.

Aidan finished and wait for my reply.

“Um...I appreaciate your thought, Aidan. But would your family be fine with it and plus, I don’t know if I will fit in to a family just like that...Please give me some time to think it through.” I whispered gently and gripped on to the bed for support. “I will tell you by the end of the weekend, okay?”

Aidan smiled at me and nodded. “No problem, sis!”

I blinked.

It sounded so welcoming to be a part of a proper family, a family filled with love and care and it will be great if I can have Aidan as my brother.

Someone to protect and take care of me...

------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading. :)