Barbecue Lunch

The training my dad gave me when I was little kicked in, I grabbed the hand on my shoulder and twisted it, throwing the person over my shoulder.

The guy hit the floor of the forest with a loud thump! He was laying on his stomach and he actually looked hurt, he did groan after all.

"COLE?" I shrieked.

"Damn it Tori," Cole said.

"Damn you!" I spat back.

Suzie looked shocked but she maintained a calm expression. She stood behind me staring at the now sitting up Cole.

"Tori your right," Suzie said, "They are assholes."

At that point I couldn't contain the laughter.

"Don't tell dad I showed you that word." I said.

"How the hell did you learn to do that?" Cole finally asked.

I stuck my hand out to help him up, he reluctantly took it and as I helped him up I said, "My dad is a police officer and he sent me to karate for a while when I was young."

Cole just groaned and rubbed his wrist, "Right. Why am I not surprised? Shit, did you break it?"

"No. I didn't hear it crack, I could've though. If I really wanted to." I stated plainly.

"Why were you trying to scare us?" Suzie asked.

For a second I thought I saw regret in Cole but if I did it wasn't there anymore. It was replaced by a smirk, "Because she once did it to me, so I was just getting even."

"Wow you hold a grudge." I muttered. That was not a good thing. If he held grudges and didn't let them go, I'm screwed. Whatever, its done. Nothing I can do now.

"Where's your firewood?" I asked.

"Over there somewhere, I'll go get it and meet everyone at the pit." Cole started walking off towards the direction he pointed to.

I sighed and put my hand on Suzie's shoulder, "Come on kiddo, lets go back to the cabin, yeah?"

She nodded and I guided her out the woods. Once we were out of the forest my dad ran to us.

"Are you two ok? What happened? I heard you scream Tori." My dad did look worried but I just put a fake smile.

"It's ok dad, Cole just wanted to try and scare us. Right Suzie?" I looked down at my sister, she nodded and my dad sighed in relief.

"Ok good," dad said.

I smiled and handed him the wood, "I think this is enough for the barbecue. Then we'll use the rest for s'mores tonight."

He nodded in approval and walked back to the barbecue pit. I draped my hand on Suzie's shoulder and led her to the picnic table.

Shawn came out of the woods soon followed by Blake. Cole came by a couple minutes later. He glared at me and I just smiled back.

"What was that scream?" Blake smirked.

"Oh I think that was Tori," Shawn said with a laugh.

I smiled, "Yeah Cole scared me, but I got even."

Blake and Shawn turned to Cole who was red with anger, and was that embarrassment? I mentally laughed.

"What happened?" Shawn asked.

"Nothing important," Cole gritted his teeth. He gave me a look and I instantly knew what he was trying to tell me. Don't say a word!

I chuckled and Suzie smiled.