Suzie's Philosophy

Cole's POV

We were all in the living room, watching tv as we waited for mom to finish making dinner. It was like seven fifteen when Tori came back. She had a plastic bag in her hand and in it was....mouthwash? Mother F, what did she do.

"Hey Tori what movie did you end up seeing?" Dad asked from the couch.

"Elemental," she walked to the bathroom and we heard her gurgle the mouthwash. What the hell? I thought.

She came back and sat on the couch beside Suzie.

"What?" She asked as we stared at her, "The popcorn was gross."

Yeah I'm sure it was the popcorn. Whatever she did to Trent had to be something. But she had a grin as we watched tv.

"Dinner's ready," mom called.

We all walked in to the dining table and Bill kissed mom's cheek muttering a thank you.

We all sat around and started to eat the nice dinner of chicken with corn and mashed potatoes. As I was eating me and my brother's watched Tori. She had the biggest smile ever.

"Oh my god!" Suzie suddenly yelled.

We all stared at her.

"What?" Tori asked.

"I have a question," Suzie said seriously, putting her fork down and looking at all of us, "So money is just paper, right? And paper is just tree thats been processed. So when people say 'money doesn't grow on trees,' wouldn't the tree be the money?"

We all stared at her. How the-where did she-I mean she's like-WHAT!? This is what was going through my mind.

My mouth dropped, "And you came up with that?"

"Geez girl what's your freaking IQ?" Blake asked.

"Higher than yours," Shawn muttered.

Me, Shawn, and Tori laughed. Bill tried not to laugh but mom did. She was used to Shawn's jokes. Blake hit Shawn's arm which only made Shawn laugh harder.

"No but guys I'm serious," Suzie continued, "Like think about it. I'm right aren't I?"

Where did this girl get that question out of? What do kids watch these days, I mean seriously.

"Well I mean....like its more of a cotton than anything," Bill said.

"So cotton is money?" Suzie shot back.

"There is no win for this," Tori muttered.

The rest of dinner we just talked about that. Every time we would say something, Suzie would just shoot something equally as correct as the last.

"I'm just gonna head upstairs," Tori said after we all finished. She walked up the stairs and went to her bedroom.

"Boys," mom said, "Why don't you guys do a movie night?"

"Yeah sure come on guys," I said.

"I meant you ask Tori if she wants to see a movie with you three. Unless Suzie also wants to?" Mom said.

Suzie shrugged, "I'll just go watch tv. I like movies but I mean they're gonna pick something not for me, for sure."

"Sue I'll go watch tv with you," Bill said.

"Ok daddy."

"Boys go on, go and ask Tori." Mom said.

"Fine, fine, yeesh," Shawn said.

The three of us got up and headed to Tori's room. Blake didn't even bother to knock he just walked in.

"Ok so here's the deal," Blake said.