Shawn's Date

Cole's POV

I watched as Shawn drove out of the driveway and onto the street. It touched me how he was in love, really did.

I smirked, little Shawn is growing up. What's strange though is he's the youngest brother and I'm learning from him. He should be learning from me, but instead the I'm learning from my two minute younger brother. Strange right.

I looked back at Tori and Suzie, "Wanna have a Nerf war?"

"Oh your on!" Tori yelled.

Suzie smiled, "I'm gonna kick both of your butts."

I laughed, "Last one to my room gets the small gun."

I raced up the stairs but Tori came from behind and tripped me, Suzie ran past me and they both reached my room as I was slowly getting up.

"Cheater." I grumbled. That was so unfair.

Tori laughed, "If you can't handle my racing, then you definitely can't handle my Nerf."

I smirked, "I can handle your Nerf."

"Enough talk! Let's play." Suzie smiled and I chuckled walking to my closet. I grabbed a blue bin that I had and inside were hundreds of foam darts, with the guns and vests. I even had safety glasses so no one would gets hit in the eye. And let me just add, it hurts getting hit in the eye. When I was done passing everything out, we all headed to the backyard.

"We'll play one on one," I said, "We don't have enough players for teams."

Tori and Suzie nodded and we went our separate ways. We had put a little oven timer on the porch so we had a minute of truce. But when that timer rang, it was sudden death.

Shawn's POV

I was looking around for a nice spot to picnic at and that's when I found it. It was right under the small willow tree and we had a perfect view of the lake. It was just far enough from the park so we could only hear the children playing. I set up the blanket and put the basket down in the middle. Then I kind of just layed on my side and watched the ducks and geese.

The small wind rocked the tree in a peaceful manner. And the children playing in the distance set a nice scenery too. But the view of the lake was nothing that could be topped. The way you could see the reflection of trees and clouds on the surface. Or the little ripples the yellow ducks made, or the slightly larger ones the geese make. I even saw a swan out in the water. Rubbing its head on its white feathery side. I smiled to myself because I really need to thank Tori for this idea.

When I was younger mom and dad would bring my brothers and me here. We'd feel the ducks together, throwing bread out at them and watching them eat it. I remember having a birthday party here, under the small tarp where there are tables. But when dad died the only time we came here was if someone had a party, or someone had invited us. Truth be told, I missed coming here. It was always peaceful and quiet. The only sounds are the small shouts of laughter of the children, or the raspy quacks of the ducks. Maybe a few honks here and there from the geese, and a small cry if a child has fallen off the slide. But other than that, everything was peaceful.

"Shawn?" It was a quiet vocie. I almost couldn't hear it with my thoughts going in motion. I turned my head and there stood Emily.

"Hey Em," I said smiling at her.

She gladly smiled back and took a seat beside me. She was wearing a red see through shirt with a white tank top underneath and a pair of dark skinny jeans. She sat down indian style and looked out towards the lake.

"Wow," she muttered. I followed her gaze out the lake and smiled.

"It's a nice view right?" I asked.