Chapter 11

---Paisley---

When I pull into the parking lot of the pub, I look at the clock on the dash that says it's exactly six o'clock. I'm exhausted and just want to go back to my dorm and relax, but unfortunately I agreed to this and I guess free food sounds good right about now, since I've been listening to my stomach growl in protest of the lack of food I've fed it today.  

This whole week has beat me down. The work load from school was a killer. From having to work on media passes every night, plus do Astrid's portraits and edit, I was stuck doing my Landscape assignment today, on a Sunday of all days. The day of rest was more like the day of hell, driving around aimlessly trying to find a decent enough destination for this assignment, almost falling off a cliff and then getting lost on the drive home. It pretty much summed up how I felt the whole week had gone. The irony of falling off the cliff actually made me laugh to myself. The entire week was a complete wreck and I am more than happy it's over with.

I am astounded I made it here on time, but when I look in the rear view mirror before getting out of the car, I'm not sure I even want to enter the pub looking like I do. My cheeks are tinted a light shade of red from too much sun and my hair is a knotted and tossed mess from the wind. I'm not wearing any make up because I left the dorm this morning in a hurry to get away from Nova's questions about what the hell has been wrong with me all week and now I wish I had cared just a little more because of my lack of mascara and the prominent bags under my eyes. But after a day like today, I can't really complain. At least I'm here on time, and that in itself seems like a win.

I find it a bit odd when I get inside, that Nova and Niall aren't here yet. I know it's just after six, but I thought they'd for sure be waiting for me. I decide to take a seat at one of the available booths and wait for them, making sure my thumbs are fitted nicely through the holes of my sleeves, hiding my scars from the world.

I'm rummaging through my purse, trying to find my watermelon lip gloss, when I see out of the corner of my eye, someone slide into the booth across from me. My eyes widen at the sight of Harry, who for some reason has the biggest smile on his face I think I've ever seen and by the way he is looking at me, it's not hard to figure out exactly what's going on. Friggin' Nova! I'm going to kill her--again! 

"What are you doing?" I ask, even though I already know the answer.

"Having dinner with you," he simply replies. His smile turns into a devilish smirk that I'm instantly having visions of smacking off of his face.

"I don't remember inviting you to sit down."

"If I recall correctly, you agreed to a free meal and an alcoholic beverage. Am I right?"

"You recall incorrectly. I said the whole menu."

"Oh right. My bad!"

I'd be lying if I said he didn't look absolutely perfect right now, with his curly hair brushed messily off to the side, his normal bandana look absent and he even wears a button down dress shirt with the top button open, a change from his usual plain white or black t-shirts. It's obvious he has put a little effort into the way he looks right now, which makes me feel a lot more out of place than usual because of the disheveled state I'm in, not having a chance for the slightest of efforts.

"What the hell did I do to deserve this?" I mumble under my breath as I get my phone out of my purse.

To: Nova  6:10pm
I hate you so much right now.

Harry doesn't respond to my mumbling, whether he heard me or not. But I notice his smile doesn't let up, especially when the waiter comes over to ask us what we would like to drink and he orders me a Bellini and himself a beer.