Chapter 42

Through my blurred vision, I can see a few people walk past the alleyway. Why are they not helping a girl out? I think it's clear that I'm in need of saving right now, and yet, they continue on without a second glance. Maybe the fear in me isn't speaking volumes like I think it is. Maybe my crying is silent and I'm only screaming on the inside. I can't tell at the moment. Everything around me feels like it's fading in and out. My heart pounding, my stomach in knots. The tears wont stop falling from my eyes, I can't stop shaking and I keep having to remind myself to breathe.

How could I have been so careless? I just walked down the street without thinking, because I was such a mess over Harry. Why didn't I run across the street to my car? I'm such an idiot. And now, here I am, shoved up against the wall by this douchebag who ruined my life, and there's not a single thing in the world I can do about it.  

Ryan continues to press his body against mine tightly, even when he reaches into his pocket to retrieve his phone. He uses one hand to press buttons on it and the other remains around my wrist, digging his fingers into my skin. The glare in his dark blue eyes doesn't leave my tear stained face as he brings the phone to his ear.

"Where are you?" He spits. "Well get your fucking ass here. Now."

As he's hanging up, his eyes finally look away from me, and I take that moment to try to free myself from him by bringing my knee up to meet his groin as hard as I possibly can. He instantly buckles over, holding himself and groaning in pain.

"Harry!" I scream, the panic in my voice very clear. I'm not even sure where he is or if he can even hear me. I don't even know if he would come if he did hear me screaming, since he apparently doesn't care about me. I want to believe that he would come anyways. And so, I scream again. "Harry please! Help!"

Ryan's hand releases from my wrist and he places it hard over my mouth to cover it to keep me quiet. He's still buckled over and I try to move my face to bite down on his hand and when I do, he removes it instantly. "Bitch. What the fuck?"

I decide it's the right moment to run. I need to run. I need to get away. I just need to get back to my car and I'll be fine. "Harry!" I call out again through sobs. Please let him hear me. Please. Everything around me sounds fuzzy. Through the echoes of my heart hammering in my head, Ryan's muffled voice calls out. I can't understand what he's saying. Everything is so unclear. I just want to get out of here.

Much to my dismay, as I round the corner, I run into someone, who isn't who I'd hoped it would be. No, it's not Harry. Whoever it is, slams me hard against the wall to keep me from going anywhere, holding tight to my shoulders against the bricks. When my eyes meet the stranger's, I'm looking into icey blue's and I realize it's Maddox and I know at this moment that I'm in big fucking trouble for running. "Nice try," he scoffs. His white blond hair is longer than the last time I saw him. The red rings around his eyes, darker. But his eyes are still as cold as they always have been.

A car squeals its tires, and breaks quickly at the curb in front of us. I watch as Ryan pulls Trent out of the driver's seat as he opens the door to the backseat where I'm being thrown into by Maddox. They don't care that the side of my face collides with the door in the process and I wince in pain as the door slams shut behind me. Despite the pain I'm in, I try the door on the other side of the car to run, but it's locked and the handle wont budge and there's no way out. I can feel the blood running down my cheek from the cut. It hurts to touch and I know a nice mark is going to be left there.

Ryan gets in the car, leaving Trent and Maddox on the sidewalk as he skids out of the parking space. How is this happening? I have been so careful to make sure this didn't happen again. My head is pounding so hard. My face hurts and I can't think straight. But when I look out the window and see Harry walking out of Mondo Gelato as we drive by, I instinctively bang my fists on the window, to try and get his attention. "Harry! Harry!" I scream as loud as possible.