Chapter the Fourteenth: A Rose for you, my Love

"And sleep, sleep, weeeellllll...." Rayan softly ended his sweet lullaby as Rayma drifted off into Raoolian sleep.
The lady's maid watched from the doorway just feet away.
Boy would the queen be happy!
Careful not to stomp her pleasantly plump paws, the lady's maid tiptoed down the five stair staircase, and set off to the throne room.
The room shone with brilliant light in the setting Raoolian summer sun.
"Cheap 24 karat gold." The old woman muttered as she stepped up to the thrones.
The two royals were a snorin' away with ice packs tucked under their sore bottoms.
Cheap 25 karat thrones.(Most people thought these inexpensive chairs were 24 karat, but they were really 25!)
"Yer a majeeestay..." The lady's maid clucked in the royal's delicate ear.
Thankfully, the queen woke, but not the king.
The two women shuffled over to the secret door that everyone in the whole world knew about that led into the garden.
The garden was quite romantic in the setting sun- the flowers just decorations with the sky. Romance, actually, was exactly what was on these lady's minds- just not their own.
"What's goin' on?" The queen portrayed immense excitement.
"He just sung her to sleep." The lady's maid replied eagerly.
"I JUST LOVE TRAGIC LOVE STORIES!" The queen sang.
"Yes I do agree."
"If only MY love story was this... Dramatic!" She complained.
"I'm sorry m'lady, but-"
"Maybe I could kill my husband," the queen interrupted. "Now THAT would be tragic."
"Alas," the lady's maid sighed. "The knights would probably hang you for that- they do love a good hangin'."
"Besides," the queen grinned. "Rayma and Rayan's little fling is so much more tragic than death!"
"Wait 'till Rayan realizes that Rayma doesn't love 'im. He's a good friend- nutin' more." The lady's maid cackled.
But Rayan already knew. He knew this as he quietly left Rayma's room. He knew this as he trotted down the six stair staircase. He even knew this as he went through the garden's secret door,oblivious to the two ranting women, and plucked a white rose for Rayma- her favorite.
Oh boy did he know. But Rayan didn't care. Rayma was his best little buddy ol' pal, and he would never, ever stop loving her.