Chapter the Twenty-Secondith: Hello, I'm Hungry

"Are we there now?" snapped Ra in furstration as their horses plodded deeper into the cheerful woods.

"Nope."

Growling, Ra's heart lifted with a feeling of dampening hurt. Rayan hadn't even noticed he'd been talking in furstration instead of frustration. It was an acquired ability that usually took years to master!

"I demand you think I'm impressive!" ordered the sir. He was quickly losing his-ahem- small amount of patience.

"Okay."

"You're so apatietic!" sneered Ra. "Or is it apathetic" he muttered under his breath.

"Okay."

Whatever.

"Will you at least be so chivalrous as to tell me if we'll be there soon?" sighed Ra.

"Oh," Rayan's tone portrayed he was smirking. "You'll be just where I want you... soon..."

"Just tell me-"

"ENOUGH!" roared Rayan in a most un-Rayan like manner.

Ra was taken aback. What had gotten into that goody-two shoes?

"Look," Rayan said. "How about you just close your eyes until we get there."

Ra, who usually never followed orders, complied. These strange, dark woods did strange, dark things to people.

They rode further- with the closed-eyed Ra in the rear, the mournful, oblivious Rayan plopped in the middle, and the... stupid Rayma admiring the malicious, gleaming eyes leading them further and further off track.

"Aha," cheered "Rayan". "Here we are!"

Ra's eyes fluttered open.

"Why hello there, Sir Ra," grinned the creature who had been speaking as Rayan to the sir for quite some time. "A pleasure for you to join us."

The thing was quite normal looking; two glowing, red eyes peeking out from under slabs white and orange polka-dotted skin, and strands of spiky, purple fur sticking up randomly all around its body. It was an average height of ten feet, and had blue, fuzzy toes, noses, and ears. The best part were its teeth; two gleaming knives jutting out in a friendly manner.

"Hi," it said. "I'm hungry, and you look, like, delicious!"

"Why, hello, Hungry," exclaimed Rayma politely. "It's so lovely to finally meet you! So many people I've been around have tried impersonating you by saying that "they're Hungry". But-" she gave it a wink- "I always knew the real Hungry was out there somewhere!"

"Hungry" gaped at her, along with Rayan and Sir Ra.

Rayan opened his mouth to speak, but was quickly cut off by the princess.

"However, dearest," she turned sorrowful. "None of our name's are "Delicious". I'm so sorry, but I do believe you have lost Delicious. Could we, perhaps, help you find him/her?"

Once again, the other three just stared at her.

Rayma laughed at the silly expressions dancing across their faces. "Hungry, you are so adorbs-" she turned yellow as all dragons do when they're embarrassed- "I mean, adorable. Will you be my pet?"

There was obviously no arguing with her, Rayan and Hungry could see, so wisely, they kept their mouths shut. Ra, however, was not quite so smart.

"Princess," bellowed he. "I forbid you to take this... creature into my castle! It cannot be your pet!"

"Oh, dearest- er- Sir," giggled Rayam clumsily. "He's not a creature, he's a Fjprrdink."

"He is?" yelled the two men.

"I am?" yelled the Fjprrdink.

"Yep," yepped the princess firmly. "I just made it up."

"RAYMA!" yepped the queen firmly from miles away. "A princess may never firmly yep!"

"Genius!" applauded Rayan supportively. "You'd be a wonderful animologist!"

"I know!" cried Rayma, beaming at the thought of having that non-existent, yet vitally important, job.

"Idiot." growled Ra, channeling his anger at his own stupidity at Rayma as usual.

"Thank you," she smiled, then continued on. "And also, it won't step a foot in your castle. It will be my new horse! Those stay in the stables if you couldn't remember."

"It is?" shrieked the men.

"I am?" shrieked the creature.

"It's just so adorable..." cooed Rayma as she stroked its bushy eye-brows lovingly.

"It is?" yowled the men.

"I am?" yowled the creature.

Ra just couldn't believe his bad luck. First, his girlfriend had to be a completely fat idiot, and now she had a-a-a... Fjprrdink for a pet?! Preposterous! His nose started boiling over with rage- just like a kettle that'd been left to its own devices for a couple of hours.

Rayan, sensing Ra-Rage trouble, quickly brandished his sword and shield to save his dearest true love. Mind you, the sword and shield were a bit... figurative. They were kinda words.

"So," he brandished the sword quite well with words. "Let's get to Rayma's fave- er- favorite activity, then. Off we go!"

"Rightey-o, mate-uh- Rayan!" And with that, Rayma dismounted her horse, smacking it on a non-existent toe-nail to send it running off. She boarded her new mode of transportation.

"Do I have to do this?" moaned Hungry.

Rayan spoke to the creature out of the side of his mighty mouth. "You don't have much of a choice with this one."

And on they rode when suddenly-

"Shhh!!" shhed Rayam. "Did you here that?"

"That you just spelled hear and Rayma wrong?" questioned Ra. "Quite clearly."

"No!" she stopped their mounts from riding any further. "Listen!"

They heard nothing.

Ra sighed at the princess. "Nope I heard-"

"Yeeeeeahhhh!" Rayma suddenly screeched as she impaled a tree stump with her fearsome weapon.

"Oh my Ratty Raool Rats!" cried Rayan. "You did it! You just hunted down a tree stump!"

The two friends jumped down from their rides, dancing around the still- seated, unrejoicing Ra.

"Lovely." he glared at her. He had wanted to kill the tree stump.

"Sir Ra," Rayma hurried over, and, though he struggled, clasped his talons with hers. "In this beautiful moment, I want to tell you something beautiful."

Rayan perked up. This was it! This was when Ra finally started appreciating Rayma!

"Dearest," she began. "Instead of wanting to be queen I want-" but she was cut off before she could share her dream of sharing fashion and food with others.

"You ungrateful little girl!" Ra roared. "I come into your life with the thought that I'll get the throne, and you're wanting to ruin it?! How dare you!"

And he ordered them to turn home. "Immediately, as soon as we get back, you're packing your bags. We're heading to my castle before Rayan fills your head with more of these... dreams!"

As they headed back, Rayma kept her head down, her tail drooping. She knew she had somehow let Ra Ra down, but what had she done? A few droplets of water escaped her eyes as they neared the palace. Rayan desperately wanted to comfort her, but every time he opened his mouth, Ra firmly silenced him.

Rayma nearly sobbed as her thoughts darkened further. What if Ra wouldn't accept her as she was? What if he left her?