Chapter the Twenty-Thirdeth: A Broken Heart

When they reached the castle, the sun had already dived down below the peaks of the mighty Raskewl Mountains.

   Rayma sighed, her eyes fixed upon the beautiful sight. The Raskewl Mountains were just like her- in the dark, unforgiving cold of isolation.

   A baker's dozen of baids and mutlers streamed out of the glowing castle, armed with heavy weapons; food, drink, blankets, and... more food! They surrounded the solemn trio, dismounting them from their steeds (Hungry was gently rushed to the castle stables under much protest). So perhaps Rayma wasn't quite alone...

   "Ehh," she spoke aloud. "It's much more dramatic to pretend I am alone."

   Which caused a few worried looks for her sanity to be shot her way.

    "Oh Raoolian Rats!" swore the queen as she emerged out of the castle into the dark grounds (she had swiftly rode a wild tropical fish back home before they arrived). "You're alive!"

    She blanched as all eyes turned to her.

   "And how very happy I am to see you, dearest!" she exclaimed hastily.

   "Yes, Mother."

   "Don't 'yes Mother' the queen!" scolded the queen.

   "It's improper, Princess Rayma," Ra scowled, "and you should know that by now!"

   The royal's eyes brightened with delight. "You really think so? You really think I'm smart enough to know that?"

  "No-"

  "Oh honey bunches!" squealed Rayma, and she scrambled over to embrace him but-

   "ARGH!" screeched Ra.

   Rayma stopped mid-step.

   "Whatever is the matter, dearest?"

   "PRINCESS RAYMA," RA'S FACE WAS BOILING WITH RAGE SO MUCH THAT I WAS FORCED TO WRITE IN ALL CAPS, "IF I HAVE TOLD YOU ONCE, I HAVE TOLD YOU ONE THOUSAND TIMES- CALL ME SIR RA!!!!"

   "Ooops." oopsed Rayma pitifully, and she hung her head in shame.

   However, before the queen had the chance to oops that princesses never oops, Ra continued on in his rant.  "And what's more, I think you're a kudgh fjiiedien!"

   A fierce gasp swung its way through the sea of dragons. Even Rayma understood that this was a grave insult. She hung her head even further down till it brushed the cold ground.

   "HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY GIRL?!" Rayan shoved his way past a few baids and mutlers to tower over the cowering Ra.