Chapter the Eighteenth A Very Royal Hunt

"Sunglasses!" Roared Rayan.
"Check!" Responded Rayma.
"Uncomfortable hunting suit!" Muttered the maid.
"Check!" Cried the crustacean.
"Hey," Rayma peered about the room in utter confusion. "Why is there a crustacean in my room?"
And so the preparation for the hunt went for about an hour or two.
Finally, precisely at 12:04 sharp, the princess was completely ready.
"You look take-breathing." Rayan sighed.
"Why thank you!" Rayma beamed.
She truly was quite pleased with the attire; a slick, black, leather suit starting out as a zipped-up jacket on her torso, and spinning out to a stunning poodle skirt dragging the ground. And, just to make sure that no one would see her toe nails, the lady's maid had strapped eight and a half layers of ridiculously fluffy, pink socks onto Rayma's paws.
"Oooh!" Rayma squealed in delight. "I know just the thing to improve my look!"
Much to the confusion of her companions, the princess spun around and started rummaging through her laundry basket.
"Green-eyed snake- nope! Broken unicycle-nooooo! Ahh," Rayma paused in her ratty rummaging, and plucked a tiny bottle out of the basket. "Hair dye!"
"But Rayma," Rayan furrowed his currently bushy eyebrows in concern. "Your hair is absolutely captivating already."
He gulped as the lady's maid shot him a clean look. (Who shoots dirty looks anymore?) Poor Rayan couldn't help complimenting his friend, though it severely endangered his life. Sir Ra Ra was a jealous little fellow...
The knight jerked in surprise as he realized Rayma had already smeared the dye through her beautiful blue hair.
Rayma giggled in delight at her shimmering mane. Tendrils of blue curls gently lightened until suddenly poof! The delicate whirl of fur atop Rayma's head popped into a swirling mass of neon pink mania. Her tiny curls now bounced with huge volume.
The lady's maid slapped her wrinkled face.
"Now Ra's really going to leave her!"
"Not my little Ra Ra!" Rayma grinned. "He'll love me even more now!"
Rayan sighed. Her hair had been so lovely. Why did she have to urge to change it?
But Rayma didn't notice her friend's suffering. Rather, she noticed more important things, like the fact that the somehow very high tech clock now read 1:04.21. The hunt was at 1:06- they were going to be late!
"Raoolian, roaring, rapscallion rats!" She screeched.
"Excellent curse word!" Rayan applauded.
"Don't encourage her!" The lady's maid squealed.
"ENOUGH!" Great feathers of flame spouted between Rayma's fangs. "Why do I always have to be late to everything?"
Rayan, the bestest friendest to havest, immediately understood his love's predicament.
As quick as Rayma's eating at a feast, Rayan snatched the princess, unlocked his wings' inner potential, and dove out the conveniently open window.
"Weeeeeeee!!!" The two friends screeched as they plummeted through the early afternoon air.
Clutching each other fiercely, Rayan and Rayma realized that they were going to die.
"Rayma," Rayan breathed as they hurtled through the air. "There's something I need to tell you- before... before we descend into the depths of the rat afterlife."
She turned to face him, a smile lightening her beautiful scales. Rayma had never realized how gorgeous his eyes were.
She had to tell him-
But it was too late.