Chapter Twenty-Fiueaven: A Pain in the Collarbone

Rayma awoke to the sound of thousands of chirping toucans flitting outside her window. Yawning, she stretcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

    "Youchieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" she shrieked as a fierce pain in her heart threatened to engulf her.

    Instantly, Rayan was at her side.

    "Rayma! Are you okay?" he carefully touched her hand.

    The princess gazed up at him with large, pain-filled eyes.

    "Ugh! I'm so Raoolian!" he slapped his forehead.

    The knight raced out of the room, swinging the door shut behind him. Rayma was taken aback.

   "Knighty-poo?" she called. "Rayan, my-"

    But before she could utter the word "lad", Rayan had flung the door open again. Striding in, he greeted Rayma with a big, sweeping bow and a large platter of cake.

   Rayma licked her chops.

    "Dearest Princess Rayma," he enunciated formally, still bowing deeply, "I have brought you your breakfast."

    Rayma cackled. "Ahh, Rayan my lad. Dooon't call me Princess!"

   "Phew!" Rayan phewed, sitting down next to her with the cake. "That's a relief."

    He plucked the top of the platter off with a great flourish. "Are you hungry, my, er, friend?"

    Rayma's eyes narrowed in extreme confusion. "I thought you'd be able to recognize me, Ray Ray. I'm Rayma. Hungry's outside in the stables!"

    Rayan chuckled. "Of course, Rayma. Now how about you taste some of this fine devil drink uncake!"

    "My, my, Rayan," the princess momentarily forgot Rayan's "stupidity" as she eyed the uncake. "You always have the best ideas!"

    Snatching the container, Rayma scarfed down the uncake, platter and all, in one big gulp!

    "Rayma!" the queen gulped. "A princess does not gulp!"

    "That's my girl." murmured Rayan fondly.

    "No!" spat Ra as he strode into the room, picking his feet up high and wrinkling his nose as if the very idea of the bed chambers disgusted him. "Unfortunately, it's mine!"

    " 'It'?" growled Rayan.

    "Yes, 'it'!" sniffed Ra, and he click-clacked his high heels across the carpet until he reached the royal.

    The Sir's eyes snapped over to a few uncake crumbs scattered across Rayma's blankets.

   "What's this?" he snatched a crumb, pinching it between his fingers.

    Rayma glanced wildly at Rayan, seeming to say "What? What have I done wrong?"

    Rayan clenched and unclenched his talons, succeeding in accidentally creating huge gouges in his paws. Poor Rayma was always being told by this... this Sir that she was doing bad things! Pish posh! She was the rightest rodent in the history of Raool!

   Ra, on the other hand, disagreed with this.

   "YOU ATE DEVIL DRINK UNCAKE!" HE SCREECHED.

   Rayma grinned, giving a large belch. "Righty-o I did!"

    Rayan glanced at Rayma, distressed. "Now, Ra. Please, she didn't mean to offend you."

    "Offend me? OFFEND ME?" THE RA ROARED. "SHE JUST RUINED THE WHOLE DIET PLAN I HAD FOR HER!"