Chapter the Sixteenth: My- gag- Dream Banquet

"Ba ba bum, bada bum bum, be be bum, beda be be bum!" Rayan and Rayma chorused shrilly as they picked out the princess's outfit.
"Red or orange earrings?" Asked Rayma.
"Green." Rayan showed her her favorite pair of earrings.
"Pink stockings?"
"Excellent choice!"
"Blue dress?"
"Maybe try the sequined blue one?"
"Love it!"
It went on like this for a minute until Rayma had donned the ensemble over her pjs. It's really easier to just keep your pajamas on under your clothes.
"Ready." Rayma sighed at her gorgeous reflection.
"Grrrrrrr..."
"Rayan!" She scolded him. "That is not a knightly reply!"
"I'm sorry Rayma," he pointed at her tummy. "But I think that was your stomach asking for some food."
"Oh. Right."
"Rayma!" The queen growled from the doorway. "A princess's tummy doesn't growl!"
Rayma looked shamefully at her toes.
"Er, your Majesty," Rayan coughed awkwardly. "But it's not really her fault."
"I DON'T CARE BEAR!" The queen snapped.
"You have Care Bears?"
"Forty- seven of 'em." She said smugly.
"Okay," Rayma snuck towards the door. "I think I'll go."
She dashed to the breakfast hall, suddenly remembering she had forgotten to put on her corset.
"Hopefully he won't notice." She muttered.
She swung open the dainty glass windows, and entered the breakfast hall.
Unfortunately, Rayma was a woman of strength(you have to be to be a a princess in case rogres(a mix between a rat and an ogre) come to steal you (knights are useless in this way)) so she accidentally punched through the dainty glass, shattering it.

Ra had been standing, peering out of the massive stain glass windows, but flung around his currently purple head to see Rayma.
"Oh, my dear," he sighed pathetically. "You are fatter than I realized."
"Thank you," she beamed, then changed the subject. "It's really a lovely day outside." She pointed through the window out at the rain dripping down to the Raoolian land.
"If you like sky drool, I suppose." He glared at the sky.
"That's sky drool?" Rayma's eyes squinted in astonishment. "Rayan's, I mean, uhhh, Mummy's always said that it's rain."
"Rain?" He scoffed. "Old wive's tale."
"So," Rayma rubbed her talons together. "What's for breaky brew- I mean breakfast? Yes! Breakfast! I meant breakfast."
"Ahhhh," Ra grinned with delight, and clapped his hands with a flourish. "Something I know you'll love!"
Maids and butlers bustled and hustled in carrying large platters with mysterious lids covering them.
The platters were plopped onto the table, and uncovered with great flourishes.
"Mama." Rayma breathed. "It's beautiful."
She rushed over to the overflowing table, reaching out for something, anything to sooth her tummy when-
"No, Rayma," Ra gently grabbed her paws. "That's all fake food."
She stared at him in anguish.
"It's a representation of uhh, the banquets you'll get at my manor."
She threw up her disappointment.
"Okay," she managed(throwing up had reignited the sickness in her throat). "So what's for breakfast?"
"Well," Sir Ra seemed to calculate something in his mind. "Today is a Saturday... I suppose it's green mounds today!"
"Mounds..." She paused. "As in candy?!"
Ra cackled. "Much better."
A butler covered in puppy hair shuffled in and meekly set a tiny platter on the table.
Rayma could compare the size to her small locket containing pictures of her dead teeth.
Another flourish of opening showed a green mound atop the silver platter.
"Yum!" Rayma's face was almost the same color as her potential breakfast.
An identical platter was set in front of Sir Ra.
"Bon appetite." He daintily bit into the meal.
A fluffy palace greyhound suddenly appeared as if from thin air next to Rayma, its eyes pleading.
"If I must," her eyes replied. "For the sake of my people."
She snatched her plate, letting the dog lick it sparkly clean.
She plopped it back down onto the table.
"Enjoying it?" Ra looked up for a moment.
"It's delicious."
She was doing this for him.

And the banquets of course.